• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are frequent psychedelic users called?

people always ask me why im upset when i tell them im trippin, but thats what i call it. transcendental boundary destroyer sounds nice, but it seems as if that would require more of an explanation.

I like "psychonaut" or "psychenaut" as it should technically be spelled, since it translates literally to "soul-sailor" in Greek ("psychedelic" being from "psyche" - mind/soul, "delos" - manifestation)

But "mindwalker" sounds way cooler IMO.

I'd say tripper or, as Delsyd, "user of psychedelics". Psychedelics are very rarely addictive, hence no need for a pejorative alarming term such as "dopehead" or "junkie" - however, they are no direct path to enlightenment either, and most trippers really do not aspire to really explore their minds (beyond that exploration which is inherent with taking the drug), in fact most people who aspire to explore their minds are probably not trippers but rather philosophers and psychologists; this is why I dislike "psychonaut" as well. Also, it sounds elitist and pretentious which goes against the most commonly observed values encountered in psychedelic trips, for many people.

my friends live in a cave that looks down on I-5 from a mountain. They refer to themselves as "void-walkers", or "those who walk among the stars".

Well you gotta think about it like this.
Alot of the people who enjoy psychedelics recreationally and spiritually are thinking about things on a plane of conciousness that most people dont think about on a daily basis.

Yes, i am a psychonaut, but often i end up feeling like a Holy man, when im really peaking. Like Jesus of Infinite Knowledge....

i Dub all of ye Psychonauts
Jesus of The Trip