• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what am i doing wrong? (diet question)

You should also keep in mind that if you are eating correctly and training or doing any muscular work then you may possibly be turning fat into muscle. Muscle ultimately weighs more then fat.

Weight lost is achieved by high impact cardio work outs and eating the correct food. Muscle gain is achieved by Gym workouts, weight lifting, etc.

Ensure you are doing the correct style of workout to achieve the result you want. I'd suggest you speak or meet with a fitness club who might be able to help advise a fitness plan to meet your goals and achieve what you want.

shals :D

i want to take a diuretic ...

anybody ever had any luck with this? i want to take one to balance out the water/salt in my body....

just to see if it would help any, even though i've drastically reduced my salt intake.

should i do it? will it matter?

Don't start taking stuff like that without consulting a doctor or dietician. Our bodies are made to naturally regulate what they need to regulate, and to assume that you have to put something else in it to do its job is just silly :)

If your body isn't doing something properly, then your doctor could tell you and advise you on what to take.

i agree with fizzy, lori. ask a doc first before doing that. the doctor will probably tell you to cut down on your salt and start drinking more water.

as for the cooking, yes i will eat frozen dinners til the day i die. i rarely cook, so it's not like that's ALL i eat. i eat salads with my healthy choice meals. :)

andy will be cooking for me when we live together. :)

i drink water all the damn time, and i have to pee like 15 times a day

i hate it

I pee at least once per hour when I'm awake and wake up at least once per night to pee.

It's embarassing when I am with friends and I have to keep excusing myself to pee. And I ALWAYS take the aisle seat at the movies.

^^^
hehe i pee all the time too, maybe not as much as you, but almost.

have you ever had a doctor check your bladder functions? i have and mine is screwed up.

My favorite foods for weightloss are: eggs (cooked without butter), boiled mushrooms, apples, tuna & other fish, brocalli, spinich, and diet mountain dew.

randycaver said:
i drink water all the damn time, and i have to pee like 15 times a day

i hate it

Hun, what do you think diuretics do? They don't magically vaporize fluid in the body, they make you eliminate fluid the old fashoined way... peeing constantly.

If you drink water all the time and pee that often, you don't need diuretics. You are doing it naturally. If you stop drinking water all the time and take diuretics, you are just going to dehydrate yourself.

If you drink water constantly, you won't retain any water weight, so there is really no reason to eliminate any more fluid from your body.

Speaking of diuretics made me think: You guys have missed out one of the most disgusting, hilarious and effective ways of losing weight quickly and healthily. Regular colonics. I'm not kidding.

i need motivation. i just can't seem to REMEMBER to not eat things that i know I shouldn't!

maybe i should hang signs all over.. i dont know what to doooooooooo

Don't buy them. That's what I did. It definitely limits your food choices!

^^yup, cookies and chips and ice cream are banned from my house (except for as once in a while treats).

I don't know how this will work but I've decided to start eating soup for lunch and dinner. I'm not fat, though I'm a complete weight freak and I'm scared to death of becoming over weight. Right now I'm 21 and weight 68KGS which I still feel is to heavy.

I'll let you know how this works after a week or two and see if I can see a difference in me.

shals :D

this is wierd, but when i drink lots of water everyday, i ENJOY my pissing time. Its because it feels like as if all the toxins and unhealthy things are comning out of my pee hole, and i get delighted when there is no colour (because that means its only water, no more toxins!)

silly, but it makes me happy :p

MOS said:
Don't buy them. That's what I did. It definitely limits your food choices!

That's exactly what I do :)

It's my #1 healthy eating trick ;)

Every once in awhile I'll allow myself to buy something "not healthy" but I'll keep it in small proportions. I won't buy a huge bag of chips or a huge container of ice cream... I'll get one of those snack-size packs of chips or a pint of ice cream. As a treat, very occasionally.

I buy lots of fruit so that when I feel the need to snack, that's what I'll snack on :) Eventually you learn to crave healthy snacks. Yay!