• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wellbutrin Question

~kira~

Bluelighter
I have come across some wellbutrin pills. I do not want to take them to get "f'ed up". But I was curious as the tag on the bottle says "may make you drowsy or dizzy" I wanted to ask questions here because I have not found any info online about these. They are 300mg. If I take just 1 of them will this harm me at all? I just want my mood to increase and make me feel happier. In my past (about 8 years ago) I had been taking pills. I have not done anything since.

One of my main concerns was I read (one of the things I was able to find) online about these causing seizures? Can this happen with 300mg? Or is this something that happens if someones takes a large amount of this at a time? Also how long do the effects take to go away?

Like I said, I just want to feel a little happier, and maybe some euphoria but nothing more. I want to be as safe as I can with these so I am asking before doing.

Thank you :)

Or also better yet, what happens if I cut one of these pills in half? It is 300mg hcl. Would this be better in achieving a very low dose effect

When it comes to ssri drugs like wellbutrin they won't give an instant effect like say a benzo ( valium, Xanax, Klonopin etc) where you would take 5-10mg of valium and a half hour or So later you feel relief and/or effects of the substance. They take time as in weeks to build up before you see any positive or negative effects towards your mental situation. Wellbutrin could very well help you out mentally but it'll take daily dosing and time. I wouldn't recommend taking wellbutrin the way You're talking about. Also you never know how you may personally react to any substance of this kind people can have very strange side effects totally out of character for them from them. I wouldn't take an ssri unless rxed it from a dr honestly.

I hope this helped you out sorry it's probably not what you want to hear. Anyway be safe and have a good night.

When it comes to ssri drugs like wellbutrin they won't give an instant effect like say a benzo ( valium, Xanax, Klonopin etc) where you would take 5-10mg of valium and a half hour or So later you feel relief and/or effects of the substance. They take time as in weeks to build up before you see any positive or negative effects towards your mental situation. Wellbutrin could very well help you out mentally but it'll take daily dosing and time. I wouldn't recommend taking wellbutrin the way You're talking about. Also you never know how you may personally react to any substance of this kind people can have very strange side effects totally out of character for them from them. I wouldn't take an ssri unless rxed it from a dr honestly.

I hope this helped you out sorry it's probably not what you want to hear. Anyway be safe and have a good night.

Well it isn't the answer I was looking for, but it is the correct answer. It sucks, but that's how it is. Thank you for the info though! I thought they affected you within an hour or so. I didn't know that.

I know everyone is different but since I have extensive experience with wellbutrin I'll throw in my knowledge. First off everything the other poster says is true. I've taken wellbutrin multiple times throughout my life. A couple times for a year+, other times for a couple months. I've tried pretty much every depression med out there. This is the one that helped the most. I was on 150mg twice a day. Most times I just took both in the morning. If you are super lucky the absolute most you'll get from taking 300mg one time like that is about the feeling you get from drinking a cup of coffee. I never really noticed anything I'd call a good recreational effect from them. If you want something with a better effect than taking them just ingest about 200mg of caffeine instead.