• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Weird shit I found on the internet: I'm just Curious 24...

EhCcwL7.jpg

Last edited:
Sadie, where did you find that?Where can I buy one????? Hahahahaha! Wait... In a Catholic diocese gift shop in Boston perchance?

I'd have thought helium-loaded beer quite flat in taste, and also difficult to produce.

It would not, unlike CO2, have that lovely refreshing sharpness, since CO2 is a weak acid, being the anhydride of the weak carbonic acid, although this is a very, very weak acid its still strong enough to be deprotonated by moderate bases (moderate in this case meaning one doesn't have to react CO2 with the likes of sodium hydride, tBuOK, alkyllithiums and such other strong bases.)

So due to the completely unreactive nature of helium (although IIRC helium clathrates have been produced these are cage compounds and do not involve a He-cage bond), as well as certain Van der Waals complexes, and a helium-neon(!) compound formed in some truly extreme (for earth scientifically available states) conditions via laser ablation, and solid solutions of impurities contained in liquid helium, as well as nanoparticulates such as nanowires bound to molybdenum exist. And at least one alkali metal helide exist. But again, nothing easier to form. And some of them are of such low binding energy they explode above solid or liquid helium cryogenic temperatures or subjected to radiation such as the electron beams from electron microscopes (bet that wasn't cheap to find out haha=D. Damn....I'd love an electron microscope myself. My old man suggested we build one as a project once but I had to disabuse him of the notion, as he had no IDEA of the size of them, or the requirement in at least some types for permanent liquid nitrogen supplies for internal cryostats for the sample holders. Sadly, I haven't been able to interest HIM in building the cyclotron or plasma wakefield accelerator *I* would sooner build either :()

And with regards to He beer, the other problem is helium has a very low aqueous solubility, and you'd need to force it in under very high pressure to get much of anything in the beer. Not so sure as much of THAT would STAY in it either.

"I think he's ten."
"When I was ten I could do that three times over"

=D

Last edited:
^LOL!!! The conversation! "Chuck have you ever seen this thang?" "I think my turtle just had an orgasm on my patio". "Does he have balls?" "With that thing I don't think he needs them."

I'd have thought helium-loaded beer quite flat in taste, and also difficult to produce.

It would not, unlike CO2, have that lovely refreshing sharpness, since CO2 is a weak acid, being the anhydride of the weak carbonic acid, although this is a very, very weak acid its still strong enough to be deprotonated by moderate bases (moderate in this case meaning one doesn't have to react CO2 with the likes of sodium hydride, tBuOK, alkyllithiums and such other strong bases.)

So due to the completely unreactive nature of helium (although IIRC helium clathrates have been produced these are cage compounds and do not involve a He-cage bond), as well as certain Van der Waals complexes, and a helium-neon(!) compound formed in some truly extreme (for earth scientifically available states) conditions via laser ablation, and solid solutions of impurities contained in liquid helium, as well as nanoparticulates such as nanowires bound to molybdenum exist. And at least one alkali metal helide exist. But again, nothing easier to form. And some of them are of such low binding energy they explode above solid or liquid helium cryogenic temperatures or subjected to radiation such as the electron beams from electron microscopes (bet that wasn't cheap to find out haha=D. Damn....I'd love an electron microscope myself. My old man suggested we build one as a project once but I had to disabuse him of the notion, as he had no IDEA of the size of them, or the requirement in at least some types for permanent liquid nitrogen supplies for internal cryostats for the sample holders. Sadly, I haven't been able to interest HIM in building the cyclotron or plasma wakefield accelerator *I* would sooner build either :()

And with regards to He beer, the other problem is helium has a very low aqueous solubility, and you'd need to force it in under very high pressure to get much of anything in the beer. Not so sure as much of THAT would STAY in it either.
Man your posts go so over my head i am wishing for sprouts post which while brain taxing i had some chance of getting the gist of. Chemistry apart from the basic shit they taught us in nursing just goes over my head.

Not an excuse. Fact. He's got a beautiful mind. Would be better without the passive aggressive comments though Wenlock.

Thaaaaanks

I just wish I could be as descriptive when talking about something like Limpet is able to..

I just ramble about pure crap.

My thoughts precisely, on the topic of helium beer.