• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weird Reaction. Amnesia. Loss of Time,Memory, Etc

LanceK2

Greenlighter
Hey guys

So just last night a friend and I took a 10mg hydrocodone. We've taken these before and love it every time but I think this time was a bit different. We usually smoke some weed to enhance the effects and this time we really smoked a lot. Probably about 3-4 grams through a bong.

Anyway, we felt really good and whatnot for a while. All of a sudden my friend starts to feel extremely tired and didnt want to get up out of the car when we needed to go in the store so he stay in the car. I went in the store to pickup what we needed. (I was lit off my ass and could barely feel my body, little fun adventure haha)

When I got back he was asking me the weirdest questions. Starting out by asking,"What day is it? What time is it? How did I get here? What drug am I on? Do I do a lot of drugs? And for how long? Then this part is what really got to me. I told him he's done acid, ecstasy, weed, and some others. But he was like wait... I did ecstasy? That's crazy!

Ecstacy is his favorite drug and he has done it countless amount of times. He acted like he's never taken a drug before and then he said he would never do anything ever again.
I talked to him earlier this morning but he said he could barely remember anything but everything was so vivid. I don't know what he means by that but I'll let him rest and talk to him about it later.

Anyone know what kind of reaction this is? I've never seen it before
Thanks!

but I'll let him rest and talk to him about it later.

That's sounds like the most reasonable thing to do. I've never heard of a reaction like that for someone who took hydrocodone and some weed. I do think I'd have thought twice about leaving him alone since it would seem that him and reality were not remotely in the same room that night. Hopefully he has a better grasp of things after some time has passed but if not, try to avoid doing whatever it was you did with him ever again.

Sorry, but that's all I have. Good Luck though!

....since it would seem that him and reality were not remotely in the same room that night.

Completely unrelated but damn is that a good way of putting it, someone's got to use that in a writing piece haha.
Ya man, very strange reaction, only thing i would venture to guess at is that weed is a lot more powerful than most people let on given how normative its usage is, so its really not out of the question when you look at it from a bigger picture:
"My friend was acting really strange last night, why was that?"
Did he take drugs?
"Yes"
There ya go. (obviously it does get more complicated and this is a weird situation but you get the jist of it.)