• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weed sucks now

gram696969

Bluelighter
Why does weed suck now? I used to smoke the littlest little bit and be soaring overnight sometimes. Now I smoke it all day long, huge bowls and barely anything happens at all. I understand tolerance, but still it does literally nothing but make me tired unless I havent smoked in over 24 hours. Alcoholics still get drunk, meth addicts still get high, trip hunters still trip, why the fuck cant I get stoned?

Really only the 1st high of the day gets me stoned. The good thing about weed is just a day or two off and almost a reset in tolerance. You simply smoked yourself sober.

There are concentrates as mentioned, but take it easy on those. Once you smoked yourself sober with dabs, things change a bit.

I was like that in my mid 20's, after smoking about 8 years, I would smoke all day but it wasn't the same buzz. What happened is my tolerance broke so smoking even a little made me very anxious and paranoid. I'm not saying that will happen to anyone else, just that's how it worked for me. I took a couple decades break but have found that anything more than a very light amount makes me anxious and confused.

I was like that in my mid 20's, after smoking about 8 years, I would smoke all day but it wasn't the same buzz. What happened is my tolerance broke so smoking even a little made me very anxious and paranoid. I'm not saying that will happen to anyone else, just that's how it worked for me. I took a couple decades break but have found that anything more than a very light amount makes me anxious and confused.
I feel similarly. Used to smoke and smoke and smoke... now all I get is anxiety/paranoia. I consider weed a harder drug than opioids or benzos due simply to the fact that adverse mental effects are so likely to occur. It has become a psychedelic for me, jarring and disorienting at times. It was about 8 years of straight daily chiefing too that culminated in me using nothing but concentrates. Now one hit of flower and I'm like, "Nah man, no more, thanks."

You're just smoking too much. Cut down and you will appreciate it more.

This kind of lifestyle wore itself thin for me very quickly. Ultimately I had to resort to drink to feel the weed hit on me. By doing so the habits grew infinitely worse.

I know this sounds retarded, but I`m a lifer. Seems stupid to throw the towel in this early (at 17), but ive tried quitting and tolerance breaks, and Ive given up. I know if I dont smoke for a day or two I`ll get pretty stoned, but even then it aint the same. Sounds crazy, but would edibles hit me? Like if I took 2000mg of thc concentrate after smoking all day would it just be a huge waste of money? Or would I actually feel stoned ? To be clear, smoking weed is like smoking a cigarette for me, slight gratification then nothing.

Also done plenty of shatter and hash and other bullshit, nothing. Unless I`m dead sober. It just seems weird, cause even an avid drinker who drank for 30 years can drink himself into oblivion still, yet I can barely catch a buzz at all? I know, two different drugs but still

I know this sounds retarded, but I`m a lifer. Seems stupid to throw the towel in this early (at 17), but ive tried quitting and tolerance breaks, and Ive given up. I know if I dont smoke for a day or two I`ll get pretty stoned, but even then it aint the same. Sounds crazy, but would edibles hit me? Like if I took 2000mg of thc concentrate after smoking all day would it just be a huge waste of money? Or would I actually feel stoned ? To be clear, smoking weed is like smoking a cigarette for me, slight gratification then nothing.

Go on then, take 2000mg of edible THC concentrate then report back. :LOL:

When I was 17, I too thought it was big and clever to dicksize about how much weed I could smoke. Now several decades later I can see how much damage it did to my developing brain.

Cut down now and I promise you will appreciate it more.

Haha, we are all lifers with the weed. Doesn't mean you have to be a walking dispensary.

So if you get a 3 foot binger. Throw a dab banger in there. Drop a dab the size of a die....rip 3 feet of milk...you won't feel anything?

Also, you sure you aren't being slipping some nice looking CBD buds?

If it's any consolation, weed is probably the only drug that you can be a 'lifer' with - if used wisely.

Everything else will eventually fuck you right up.

Maybe try doing something productive that makes you feel good and then smoke weed. Smoking 24/7 is not a very good idea, makes life boring for some reason.

IME it's best to avoid smoking in the morning (unless you use it medicinally), wait till the end of the day to get stoned.

I personally like to have a moderate weed tolerance because it makes the high more enjoyable and more chill, you get less side effects too (dry mouth, paranoia, etc...).

As long as I don't smoke and dab constantly my tolerance actually remains pretty stable. I've been a stoner for almost 10 years and I can ALWAYS feel a single joint/spliff.

Maybe try doing something productive that makes you feel good and then smoke weed. Smoking 24/7 is not a very good idea, makes life boring for some reason.

IME it's best to avoid smoking in the morning (unless you use it medicinally), wait till the end of the day to get stoned.

I personally like to have a moderate weed tolerance because it makes the high more enjoyable and more chill, you get less side effects too (dry mouth, paranoia, etc...).

As long as I don't smoke and dab constantly my tolerance actually remains pretty stable. I've been a stoner for almost 10 years and I can ALWAYS feel a single joint/spliff.

Absolutely. Smoking in the morning completely ruins the ability to gain any enjoyment from it. It just makes you lethargic, unproductive, dysphoric and a totally boring fuckwit.

Use weed as a reward rather than a way of life and it will reward you...

Alcoholics still get drunk, meth addicts still get high, trip hunters still trip, why the fuck cant I get stoned?

You couldn’t be more wrong. Hardcore alcoholics hardly get drunk, meth addicts barely even notice, etc. All drugs eventually lose their magic with abuse, its just the way it is. The brain eventually changes from habitual use and the fun is lost as side effects become more pronounced.

Tolerance is a permanent issue, weed will never be the same just quit now save yourself the wasted time money and effort

You couldn’t be more wrong. Hardcore alcoholics hardly get drunk, meth addicts barely even notice, etc. All drugs eventually lose their magic with abuse, its just the way it is. The brain eventually changes from habitual use and the fun is lost as side effects become more pronounced.

Tolerance is a permanent issue, weed will never be the same just quit now save yourself the wasted time money and effort

The only thing I would disagree with here is that weed tolerance (unlike other drugs) does not seem to be permanent. It's the only drug that I actually enjoy more the older I get. My use is now pretty infrequent - maybe once or twice a week on average. But I get absolutely hammered (in a nice way) from absolutely fuck all. I can make a gram last a week of nightly use between me and the mrs. Then I'll go a couple of weeks before getting any more.

The drugs don't work, they just make things worse - except weed...

Last edited: