• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

weed affecting memory

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I've been smoking a shit load of weed the last few weeks in the morning before work and after sometimes even at work I've been using it to stop using harder drugs but due to my addictive personality I have been using it to excess and I've noticed it affecting my personality making me anti social not anxiety more I can't be asked to talk more lazy I laugh at random things and am more clumsy I keep losing things like my wallet leaving my phone in the work van etc

This effect kinda lessens with long term tolerance, but still happens to everyone.

It really does effect your motivation, it's not just a myth. Memory, too.

These are the downsides nobody wants to talk about.

Plus, weed is so potent now in general that pretty much everyone is just simply smoking too much. (I'm not saying anything by that, just that potency is ridiculous now, compared to when I first started using).

This effect kinda lessens with long term tolerance, but still happens to everyone.

It really does effect your motivation, it's not just a myth. Memory, too.

These are the downsides nobody wants to talk about.

Plus, weed is so potent now in general that pretty much everyone is just simply smoking too much. (I'm not saying anything by that, just that potency is ridiculous now, compared to when I first started using).
I suppose it's the price you pay for being stoned out your head all the time still better than being a hardcore drug user tho

I suppose it's the price you pay for being stoned out your head all the time still better than being a hardcore drug user tho
I really agree with that statement. If it keeps you off the hard stuff......smoke more. ( said with tongue in cheek as you maybe should smoke less )

But I know what you mean about the being less social and forgetting stuff. Good on you for staying away from the street drugs...if weed helps that's great.

I completely relate to what your saying. Forgetting things for sure, along with sporadic generalized confused thinking. I smoked heavily for a while for medicinal use, haven't for over a month now due to these issues. I plan on continuing my use at a later date, as my condition has worsened severely. I think I just need a better plan than take enough till it goes away. I doubt it'll be a major issue when I sort out a standardized proper dose along with situational guidelines.

I feel there is a fine line for me if I am gonna smoke before work. Even with a good tolerance (daily smoker) I can only have 1-2 tokes before work or anymore and it will totally kill my motivation. A couple of tokes can be just enough to elevate mood though. If I know I am going to have a busy day at work then I'll usually try to avoid taking the risk to be honest. Weed is great and definitely preferable to harder stuff but it is still a drug of escape.

I smoked for twenty years almost every day then I stopped and my memory/motivation went back to normal pretty much... but - yes - when you're smoking weed definitely fucks with memory.

I was in the car with my wife the other day (and I was super stoned) and I freaked out because I looked back and my daughter wasn't in her booster seat... Turns out we dropped her off like twenty minutes ago.

Weed makes my brain into a root vegetable.

I've been smoking a shit load of weed the last few weeks in the morning before work and after sometimes even at work I've been using it to stop using harder drugs but due to my addictive personality I have been using it to excess and I've noticed it affecting my personality making me anti social not anxiety more I can't be asked to talk more lazy I laugh at random things and am more clumsy I keep losing things like my wallet leaving my phone in the work van etc
So what’s the problem, lol

Your story sounds exactly like mine , I’ve smoked weed like crazy this past year on average 1 1/2-2 ounces a month since last January when I made a decision to get off tramadol and Valium and used weed as a crutch to take the edge off my day, laziness , and short term memory problems are something that weed causes with me , you can also add lack of concentration ,and if I’m:really smokin too much I’ll even pick up an occasional stutter, the good news is that it all goes away when you tale a break from smokin for a week , I’ll have broken sleep during my breaks

"Well I know I am standing in the kitchen, but I have absolutely no idea why I am here."
"I know I just had a great idea, but I have no idea what the idea was."
"I know I just told you something and I cannot remember what I told you."

And when you combine lots of benzos and THC, it often gets much worse than that....

why don't you try to stop smoking before and at work and just wait til you leave - that might clear up a lot of your problem

It's simply about balance and equilibrium eventually it's easy to drink the right amount of water and satisfy your thirst without depriving yourself or overfilling your boots.

He says lol, vaping sticky sungrown sativa on half a mg of acid. 🙂

I have been using too much weed. That does need to be a balance it can be an infinite reservoir it's like the supermarkets somehow managed to sell you old vegetables and when those have finally been thrown away or kicked to the floor because nobody wants them they bring out the next batch of decayed vegetables which were fresh in storage....

And earning 300K a year.

Costs= 300K. Always in debt? Lol.

Okay there might be some runaways there lol with the analogy, but it's alluding to a principle I think (this weed is good),

That's it right now I can enjoyed it and really open up a full Sativa mind and body experience but all week I've been in the chip shop and unable to smell the chips.

I think most importantly here always is exactly what you are smoking if we are using high THC chemically fertilised weed then this will always be having a negative impact on the consciousness and personality.

Organic sungrown is very different it's specifically dreamy.

It is a much healthier form of cannabis for the mind.

@AutoTripper

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you about organic buds. I don't trust my sources at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they put fly spray on the buds to weigh them down.

I have grown one plant in my life. It tasted beautiful. So smooth to smoke and so rich with flavours. Didn't make me cough. The psychoactive effects were clear and positive.

I wish the government didn't force me to put money in the pockets of monsters. I should be encouraged to grow one plant for personal use. That's all I fucking need. One plant.

I was growing one this year but I had to cut it down because the people I associate with are too unstable and I didn't feel safe.

I don't care about the money. I just want a good quality product that doesn't fund organized crime, but the government insists otherwise.

I have no choice but to fund sex traffickers and murderers.

@AutoTripper

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you about organic buds. I don't trust my sources at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they put fly spray on the buds to weigh them down.

I have grown one plant in my life. It tasted beautiful. So smooth to smoke and so rich with flavours. Didn't make me cough. The psychoactive effects were clear and positive.

I wish the government didn't force me to put money in the pockets of monsters. I should be encouraged to grow one plant for personal use. That's all I fucking need. One plant.

I was growing one this year but I had to cut it down because the people I associate with are too unstable and I didn't feel safe.

I don't care about the money. I just want a good quality product that doesn't fund organized crime, but the government insists otherwise.

I have no choice but to fund sex traffickers and murderers.

whats the deal there with the weed laws? my favorite base nutrient comes from Australia....it's a pain in the ass to get sometimes, but i swear by it...company is called Nutrifield

anyway - how do you cop your weed i guess is what im getting at

i was addicted to weed for about a decade, with some t breaks.

i found now that cbd oil is able to fill that need i had to get high. it doesnt fuq me up or anything, but helps calm me at night, i take it sublingually, its great topically for body pains too.

it was extra clear how detrimental my relationship with weed was because i had two breaks from reality precipitated by cannabis use.

Who would have thought it? :ROFLMAO: