• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wearing A Seatbelt

Why not wear helmets in cars too? I'm sure that they would save the lives of people who would otherwise die of head injuries in car accidents.

Curtain airbags exist for protecting the head in an impact.

Not to say not to wear one, but I rarely wear one. I've been in 4-5 wrecks, no injuries. I'm usually confident wrecking, if I see it coming.

Only try-hards don't wear seatbelts -_-

When someone gets in my car and doesn't buckle up, I make them. If some lunatic hits me, and they die in my vehicle I'm going to feel a load of guilt.

If someone is in my car and they arent wearing a seatbelt, me as the driver ASWELL as the passenger both get a fine. Its. Just. Not. Worth. It.

I also knew a guy nearly cut in half by a seatbelt, but might have died without it.

I always figured that I have quick enough reflexes to be able to quickly click on the seat belt, before the wreck occurs %)

Never cared for them in the past. Even after getting a couple of tickets for not having it on. I realize now it's one of the easiest ways to get pulled over. And they may pull you over for just the seat belt but then get you for much more. It's a risk I can't really afford.

All the cars I had before my current car didn't have the feature where it makes an annoying beep every minute if I don't click my seat belt. It's a great invention and definitely forces easily irritated people to put on their belts. Every car should have this feature.

They're also a great way to stay in shape.

Well I forgot that I also feel like they're vital to surviving certain types of car wrecks. I edited that quick bit in when I realized my post was only about seat belts & law enforcement.

My car doesn't go anywhere until everyone is belted in. Uncool or not.. My face is too cute to go threw a windshield again.

the seatbelts in my girlfriends car dont work. when i pointed it out to her she was like 'i dont care'. i wish she'd get them fixed i get so worried.

In New Zealand, we have had it drilled into our brains from every angle, whether it be the news, tv ad's, school, even mcdonalds... everywhere we have warnings to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. Its illegal not to anyway and i know multiple people whove recieved a ticket for it.

I wear my seatbelt 99% of the time.

Although, my friends dad lived because he wasnt wearing a seatbelt. He was in a car crash and literally was less than half a second from escaping his car, before another car fully plowed into it. If he had been wearing a seatbelt, the second or 2 it would take to release, would have had him dead.

Now thats not a likely event, but its happened to someone I KNOW so its happened to others.

My life has been saved by a seatbelt once, so i like them :)

Living in Australia where it's against the law not to, I don't think I've really come across anyone that doesn't wear one. And personally I don't really know why anyone wouldn't, I can't see there is anything gained by not wearing one.