• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Love Cricket Thread 2nd Innings

criminal getting out first ball post-tonne though.. well as criminal as a centurion gets anyhow. will let him off as the relief was palpable. one would hope gooch's presence in staff will get the daddy-hundred back in vogue

good to see bairstow get runs

can anyone see a way out for compton now?

I love these long sunny evenings, they remind me of California.

Now gonna break out my Ashes 2010/11 dvd set, im currently on the 3rd test !!

And...tonne? Pretentious? Vouz?

It was post 1000 Test runs so he was probably more correct than pretencious.

*does a mad rain dance*

the-adventures-of-rain-dance-maggie-o.gif

He didn't. He got 104 and was out to the first ball of the second new ball. And...tonne? Pretentious? Vouz?

whoa, calm down... no pretension, just simple ignorance im afraid. im a child of the metric system, see.. thus tonne - have no idea why i was applying a metric term of weight to a cricketing century all this time, but there you go. just been researching the etymology of the ton coloquialism, its fairly interesting actually

and my mistake on root's 104. the replay is was watching did in fact show it is the next ball following his ton. but thats what you get having c5 as your only source of cricket :\

I am up set about not making the Kiwi's bat again . It's a fukin standard no ?

When a team are down step on em . As for the stupid total we set , what are we scared ?

So anyway hopefully now play has started we can wrap this up quick stylee.

nah, its not so cut and dry as that. teams following on almost always bat better second time around, plus it helps get them into that stonewall mentality, batting time etc. bowlers needed a rest and it was (believe it or not right now) beautiful batting weather at the time. im not sure how accurate the forecasting was at that time, but shitty british weather aside - it was probably a good decision. remember, the main priority is not to lose, 2-0 series win would just be a bonus

Nah we want the win . This is the 8th best Test nation we are playing remember .

We should be winning 2-0 to get the ranking points .

Trott's batting on Sunday evening got me more upset than the non follow-on. He was, frankly, taking the piss. If the Pakistanis had not enforced the follow on and then one of their batsmen had batted like Trott...well, I don't need to fill in the blanks do I?

Personally, I think the whole thing was for Compton. To give him one more chance before the Ashes. And if it was that, that's not justifiable. It was certainly a VERY odd decision.

Compton is coming back to a dire Somerset team . So it will be very interesting how he can effect us . With Marcus he has plenty of experience to draw on .

How many batting collapses from NZ on "flat" pitches this series?

Bring on those doctored English pitches please if that's what our bowlers can do on a carpark.

Weather permitting, England win the replay 2-0.

.. good luck with things like Fulton scoring a century in each innings again. Don't get too used to those century opening stands.

*COUGH COUGH*

Your bowling is not bad, and Southee has a smile to match Joe Root. But your batting? I wouldn't know where to start. Good luck with that.

Oh and PS Saw your post in the Aus forum re the racism 'ape' jibe. Nice post. There's some (Aussies) in that thread really not getting it.

Trott's batting on Sunday evening got me more upset than the non follow-on. He was, frankly, taking the piss. If the Pakistanis had not enforced the follow on and then one of their batsmen had batted like Trott...well, I don't need to fill in the blanks do I?

Personally, I think the whole thing was for Compton. To give him one more chance before the Ashes. And if it was that, that's not justifiable. It was certainly a VERY odd decision.

Yeah so Asad Rauf what do you rekon ?

He's got a press conference tomorrow morning (our time).

Who the fuck knows? Nothing would surprise me. Weird the police weren't/aren't going to charge him but you never know who is in who's pay. Even weirder the ICC are allowing him a press conference after making him stand down from the Champions Trophy. No smoke without fire and 'reportedly' the police have a bag of clothes, shoes, watches etc that were a gift to him from bookies (so why aren't they charging him...oh, we've done that one already)

Sad if true but unsurprising. See what he says tomorrow.

I love these long sunny evenings, they remind me of California.

Steady on there mate , i know it's pleasant but California it isn't .Minimum 20 degrees all year long is how i remember it .

Maybe in the posh parts like Santa Monica it's different ;)

Almost forgot the IPL finished this week. Did any one actually care other than the bookies and the players on $600,000 warming the bench?

Reverse sweep .

Risk to reward is it worth it , Root just got out attempting it & apparently he plays it well 8(

Cue the start of a mid inning collapse .

I fuking hate that shot that's two now .

This is batting performance is the perfect case as to why KP should be in the England Squad when fit .

Last edited:
Well when you dress like Santa it's only natural that you would gift your wicket to the opposition.

Nz never been beaten in a odi at lords.

Ok, we're know we're shit at Kwik Cricket but do we have to persevere with Dernbach? He's becoming the Emile Heskey of English cricket.