View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Warning to welbutrin users and psychedelics

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I just got back to the hospital from combining MXP and 4-ho-mipt at normally safe dosages (20mg and 40mg). While my girlfriend had a normal trip, I experienced SEVERE serotonin syndrome and I came very close to losing my life.

Last edited:
strange. don't think it was the wellbutrin. Its a NDRI and has no effect on seretonin. Must have been the trypt/mxp combo.

glad you are okay man. :)

No idea about that combo, but I recall you reporting a perception shattering ++++ recently and having been through that myself, give your brain time to settle after those. Blown perception needs time to recover. I learned this the hard way, not trying to nag or anything but I wish I had been smart enough hang up the phone for a while when I had those types of experiences.

Be kind to yourself and hope you feeling better now. That's scary stuff

I actually took wellbutrin with psychedelics and empathogens for years with no real issues that I was aware of. I'm sorry this happened to you that is crazy.

No idea about that combo, but I recall you reporting a perception shattering ++++ recently and having been through that myself, give your brain time to settle after those. Blown perception needs time to recover. I learned this the hard way, not trying to nag or anything but I wish I had been smart enough hang up the phone for a while when I had those types of experiences.

Be kind to yourself and hope you feeling better now. That's scary stuff

I sort of theorize I was being raptured for trying to have another ++++ so soon. I feel like I learned more than humans or I am allowed to know and I was being punished for it. My girlfriend took the same drugs and she did not have any bad reaction at all, she didn't experience any of the extreme superhuman mania I did.