• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids WARNING!!! fake roxis

if you are sold these Actavis 30's be cautious, especially in florida, and possibly the northeast too. If they appear smudged, especially in the very center of the printed side, they may be fake. don't buy them. It appears safe to try them to test them, as nobody has reported effects (good or ill.) If you do decide to take that risk and they taste wrong, don't buy them.

good luck and be safe

Thanks for the location info because as far as I have read they were confined to Florida, but I can imagine they would make the jump up the coast and inwards because many people get to florida to buy in quantity and sell back wherever they live.

Anyway, there is another thread about the M/30 ones and many people on another board reported BAD effects. Like there was speed/MDXX or another stimulant active ingredient. So I would not say that it is safe to test all around. I would not IV them (I'm not an IV'er just saying if it were myself), I may sniff a small portion, or eat a small portion if that's what you normally do.

I don't normally post I just didn't want people to think it's safe to test because at worst it would be inactive because people have been hospitalized after taking fake roxis.

edit: I'm just thinking about how bad it would be to be w/ding for a day and then get fakes and taking a good amount and then it turns out to be speed or another stimulant. GOD your heart would be racing and your mind would be screaming in confusion and horror. Man...

Yep, fakes all over Florida. I have seen fake 30s, both the A's and M's. The trick to tell if they are fake is to lick one of them. If it tastes bitter then they are good, if it tastes like chalk or isn't bitter at all, then stay away.

The first time I came across them I bought 3 A's from a good friend of mine. I thought they looked a little odd, they didn't look like the right shade of blue and they looked like they might have been slightly larger than normal, but I had nothing on hand to compare them to so I didn't really think much of it. I went home and crushed them and noticed that the powder kind of stuck together. Thought it was kinda weird so I tasted the powder and noticed that it tasted like straight binders(the way the pill powder tastes after you have prepped them for injection and then rinsed it for a second shot, leaving the powder completely useless). Being an addict who just spent my last $40 on these pills that I had already crushed, of course I still prepped them for injection.

Once it was in the set, I put a drop on my finger and tasted it. I always taste it before I shoot it, just a habit of mine. Doesn't really matter much for injecting new pills, but when I rinse the leftover material I can tell how strong the shot will be by how bitter the water is after a rinse. Of course the water tasted like, well... water...

Knowing that it was pointless, I shot it anyway, hoping to feel something. But alas, nothing. I immediately called my friend who I bought them from and he said a few people called him back after trying to smoke them, complaining that they didn't smoke right. He didn't think much of the other peoples complaints but after I called him and told him I thought they were fake he knew that something was wrong. He took a few and knew that what he had was all fake. He had bought 40 of them.

I didn't see them for a few weeks after that, but then another "friend" of mine was selling them to people, knowing that he had fakes. Luckily I had heard from other people about what he was doing so I stayed away from him. But from what I had heard, he knew a guy that had tons of them. The guy was selling fake Mallinkrodt, Actavis, and Qualitest 30's. He was selling them to people for $6 each, letting the people know they were fake up front so they could buy them and turn around and sell them as the real thing at full price.

Just be careful, there are fake roxi presses out there of all kinds. The ones I got had nothing at all in them, but I have heard of people getting fakes that made them feel very strange, almost tripping. Whether or not thats true, I don't know, all I do know is that there are definitely a lot of fakes out there.

If the pills look different in anyway at all; if they are larger or smaller than normal, the color is off, or especially if the letters pressed in the pill look faded or slightly off in anyway then be careful. Always taste them before you buy them. Most dealers don't like for people to take their pills and lick them before paying for them though. So what I do is use my fingernail to scrape a very small amount of powder off the pill and taste that. You really don't need much powder at all to test it, just a few specks of powder should be enough to have a slightly bitter taste to it.

I've never personally experienced getting fake pills. But I do know that a majority if not all of the fakes that in circulation are stolen/robbed from Pharmacies.

Each pharmacy that sells those meds also get a batch of fakes encase the event of a robbery and they are demanding oxycodone products. So that they give the robber the fakes and they are still able to fill the actual meds to those who need it and the lowlife fucker who robbed them gets burned.

i haven't personally seen any, but i've heard about fake roxis and fake traditional oc 80s w/in the past week. southeast, north of FL.

I've never personally experienced getting fake pills. But I do know that a majority if not all of the fakes that in circulation are stolen/robbed from Pharmacies.

Each pharmacy that sells those meds also get a batch of fakes encase the event of a robbery and they are demanding oxycodone products. So that they give the robber the fakes and they are still able to fill the actual meds to those who need it and the lowlife fucker who robbed them gets burned.

Is this for real? What I mean is do you have this on good authority (or a link to a story about it, etc.) or is this just something you heard or thought up? It just reeks of that "Urban Legend" kind of subject. Interesting information but tough to prove either way. I can see some possible ethical Q's concerning companies making "fake" versions of their pills for any reason.

^Its been discussed here quite a bit so personally I don't doubt that it occurs. I just don't know how widespread it is - if EVERY pharmacy has them. They might, I just don't know. Hopefully we can get some more information on this.

There is a group in florida that have pill presses and instead of beans they press fake roxis now. The area was flooded for a few months with them, they are M's that are as blue as The A's. If you buy a dark blue pill that should be white part of the blame is on you though.

Just going through my stash I bought two to show my peeps so they didn't get ripped, Ill post I pic if it's cool to show you what's going around here.

Last edited:
Is this for real? What I mean is do you have this on good authority (or a link to a story about it, etc.) or is this just something you heard or thought up? It just reeks of that "Urban Legend" kind of subject. Interesting information but tough to prove either way. I can see some possible ethical Q's concerning companies making "fake" versions of their pills for any reason.

I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I have heard it from multiple sources for many years. I've never really heard about fake roxis being given to pharmacies, but I have heard many time from different sources that Purdue makes fake OxyContin pills so pharmacies can give them to robbers.

The main problem I see with this is idea is that there are some dishonest/addict pharmacists. What is to stop a pharmacist from replacing a few pills of every script with a few fakes? That way the customer would have the correct number of pills, and most of them would work, so they probably wouldn't notice that they had been ripped off. And the pharmacist would be able to steal as many real pills as they wanted to(or at least as many of them as the number of fakes they had on hand).

I kind of doubt this is true because of this problem. Not only could addict pharmacists replace them and keep the real ones for themselves, pharmacists who know addicts could replace them in order to sell the real ones, and the small mom and pop pharmacies could use the fakes to sell instead of the real ones in order to make more money(the real ones are expensive as hell, even for the pharmacies to buy. I doubt the fake ones would cost anywhere near as much if they were charged for them at all). There are too many problems that could arise from supplying pharmacies with fakes.

Plus I do inventory for many different pharmacies, both chain pharmacies and some smaller mom and pop places. In the many years that I have been doing inventory for pharmacies I have never seen a bottle of fakes. Every bottle of narcotics that are kept in the safe are bottles that I had to count. If they had fakes I don't think they would have me count them as the real thing, and I doubt they would keep the fakes in a different spot because if a guy has a gun and forces his way behind the counter and has the pharmacist open the safe, having them stored away somewhere else would be pointless. But the guy would still get the real pills anyway if that were to happen, they wouldn't just take 1 bottle and run while there are still a few more in there.

^The Controlled medications (especially C-II's) are very tightly regulated and inventoried. This could be true of the replicas as well to divert this type of behavior. I don't know if it is, but I imagine if you could think of a way to cheat the system so easily, people in charge can as well and have addressed it. Also, if this is occurring, there are not a whole lot of pharmacists out there willing to jeopardize their career for a few pills; if they are, the chances they'll be able to sustain a habit and NOT fuck up their careers is pretty low if they are dipping into their own tightly controlled supplies.

I think you're right though about this; I am skeptical that many places have these fakes or if they're really used anywhere.

EDIT:

Furthermore, if I were a pharmacist there's no fucking way I'd use these fakes. All it takes is one experienced robber who is aware fakes exist to check, notice the slight difference and pop a bullet in my aorta. I wouldn't risk that. I'd much rather send patients to another pharmacy or have them wait 1 day to get more supply then risk lives trying to "trick" criminals.

^yes, please do post any pics you can!

I'll post them first thing in the morning, Im sleeping at my girls place tonight so I don't have them. I wanted to ask first cause it's been a sec since I read the rules tbh. Thanks for letting me know Cane, didn't want you to have to regulate a fellow crew member ;).

Furthermore, if I were a pharmacist there's no fucking way I'd use these fakes. All it takes is one experienced robber who is aware fakes exist to check, notice the slight difference and pop a bullet in my aorta. I wouldn't risk that. I'd much rather send patients to another pharmacy or have them wait 1 day to get more supply then risk lives trying to "trick" criminals.

same here.

I'll post them first thing in the morning, Im sleeping at my girls place tonight so I don't have them. I wanted to ask first cause it's been a sec since I read the rules tbh. Thanks for letting me know Cane, didn't want you to have to regulate a fellow crew member ;).

No problem, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and the guidelines here have changed a lot over the years so I don't blame anyone who has been here a while for not knowing all of them.

Posting fakes has clear harm reduction value because it can show people what to look out for so we allow it.

Have fun in your girl's place (pun intended)

whoa, fake roxi 30s?! Thats a new one, I've heard/seen of fake OC 20s and 80s.... So basically these fake Roxi 30's have to taste to them and taste like chalk right? and should taste bitter?

Is that the deal? 8)

Where are the bluelighter pharmacists to adress weather there are fakes given to the pharmacys to give to theives or if that's an urban myth?

Personaly I think its just people with pill presses pressing look alikes and trying to get them off as the real deal. Similar to fake e pills.

After trying to find ANY verification that ANY pharmacy has used these fakes, I've come up empty. I admittedly haven't spent hours and hours searching, but I think I'm proficient enough using google that I would've found something.

If purdue HAS produced any fakes, my guess would be they are only used for double-blind trials and not for pharmacy robberies.

If anyone DOES have evidence that this phenomenon exists, please correct me.

^ I seriously doubt it ! That would mean a major pharmaceutical company must provide genuine and fakes ?

To the pharmaceutical company this is more hassle than it's worth.

The cost of manufacture would nearly be the same for most.

And the additional measures to separate the two in production would be prohibitively expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I merged your last 3 posts... for future reference, if you're the last poster and you'd like to add more just click the 'edit' button.

Usually to make it clear what I added after the fact I put

EDIT:

then include the new information.

wtf are all these fake pills coming from?

my first guess would have been that someone knocked off a pharmacy and they gave them the bunk pills (have fake 80s for just this occurance)

but i have been hearing about it way too much lately, what gives?