• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction *WARNING: DEADLY COMBO*Effexor. 600mg of DXM, ambien and lyrica

Yea this dude has his facebook linked on his profile.. he has passed.. this needs to be moved to the shrine. Sad that he didn't ask before doing that deadly combo.. R.I.P

You're saying you saw on his FB page that he died? Please elaborate

Go to his profile, there's a link to his old FB account , but he linked his new FB account, there you'll see that he died, first post of his sister saying that he's gone is on April 30th I think

So this thread can be moved to the Shrine.
It's incredibly sad that he died, if he had asked us first about this combo he might still be alive :/

By the way, his last FB post was made on 4/23. This thread was created on 4/24 and immediately following the next few days the RIP posts started on his page. It's now officially more than safe to assume that the OP died from a fatal combination of Effexor, Ambien, Lyrica, and DXM. SS syndrome no doubt. What a bloody horrible way to leave this world. My prayers are with his soul?

Yea this dude has his facebook linked on his profile.. he has passed.. this needs to be moved to the shrine. Sad that he didn't ask before doing that deadly combo.. R.I.P
Go to his profile, there's a link to his old FB account , but he linked his new FB account, there you'll see that he died, first post of his sister saying that he's gone is on April 30th I think

So this thread can be moved to the Shrine.
It's incredibly sad that he died, if he had asked us first about this combo he might still be alive :/

Yes i see that now KK thx for clarifying. Eerie how good some of our intuitions are in OD...

Very sad. Prayers go out to him. Serotonin Syndrome is a terrible way to go. May he rest in peace.

There needs to be much more education on Dextromethorphan to prevent this from ever happening again.
After looking through obituaries I have not seen the cause of death as drug overdose or anything to do with Serotonin Syndrome.
Should the authorities be contacted with the link to this thread? Maybe the cause of death is unknown, but if from Serotonin Syndrome maybe it is not known Dextromethorphan was involved.

This is so sad.. This is my first time actually seeing that someone died from a combination they put on bluelight. Rip Tyler

Man, it's messed up that he had an idea that the combination was extremely dangerous. Is there more information regarding serotonin syndrome? Like what drugs and combination of drugs can cause it? I heard of it before, but I am not very educated on it. With the amount of meds I take and drugs I use, I should know about this....

RIP Tyler. I didn't know you, but I have lost many friends recently, and know what you were going thru, and how your friends and family are feeling.

Is there more information regarding serotonin syndrome? Like what drugs and combination of drugs can cause it?
Serotonin Syndrom is a consequence of excess serotonin in the CNS/PNS
So in short a combination of drugs affecting serotonin (i.e. serotonin releasing agent or reuptake inhibitor) can cause SS (The dose makes the poison (Paracelsus)), like a SSRI and a MAOI
Even really high doses of just one drug affecting serotonin can cause SS

So combining SSRIs or MAOIs with a lot of drugs, like DXM, is really dangerous

I looked through his facebook and read his obituary. It seems like he made a mark on a lot of people lives. I hope his death was not painful though it probably was. Poor kid.

This is so fucking heavy...just read about serotonin syndrome what a way to die...rip

Rest in peace Tyler. We all knew that combination would kill you and it looks like it did. This is an absolutely tragic thread. Another young life lost..

just wanted to quote this part of your post. my sentiments exactly... and he was SO young!

This is so sad. If only he would've checked back in enough time to see that it wasn't a good idea...

I'm glad this is still available and bolded for people to read though. A lot of people need to understand the dangers of mixing drugs when you aren't aware of the consequences. Maybe this will cause people to be less impatient about getting an answer regarding the safety of a combination, and it'll prevent more young lives from being lost.

RIP Tyler, seems like you had quite an effect on so many lives.