• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

warning about a brand of MPH when administered IV

xxxyyy

Bluelighter
anyway, i was prescribed this brand of MPH called medikinet adult that contains 20mg, half IR, half XR part) .
i finely ground up he pellets inside the capsule (white and blue, the blue ones apparently being the XR) until it was white dust, then dissolved it in 2ml cold water, filtered it three times through fresh cigarette filters. still the solution looked frothy which should have told me not to go ahead with the shot but i wanted the shot so i put it into a vein at my wrist. it was a clean shot, nothing missed, and about 30 seconds after the shot, without feeling any high, a large bump about two inches in diameter rose around the puncture. that's when i knew something was completely fucking off, although how off came to me when i poured a bit of coke into the mortar i ground the pellets up in. there was just a dusting of slightly off-white powder left in it, and the instant the coke hit mortar all the fine dust coalesced into a blue substance the consistency of chewing gum.
after that i frantically searched various german drug forums for similar experiences and found one stating that this particular brand relied on a gelling agent for its time release mechanism that was highly soluble in both alcohol and water, and wasn't even removable via micron filtration as he tried and had a result similar to mine, although less in severity, probably due to superior filtration.
now i have nothing to go on but my own experience and this one thread, but my experience was scary enough, so i think there should be a public warning on BL about this particular brand of MPH and IV use. i had no idea where to post this though so i figured here someone would know what to do/where to put this post.

Last edited:
support isn't the right place for this. so i am going to send it over to OD.

many thanks. won't affect many people on these boards, still the word should be out that this brand should not be mainlined under any circumstances.

Injection of any extended release formula medication carries exactly the same warning.

Injection of any extended release formula medication carries exactly the same warning.

i was not aware of that. however it is possible to inject MPH relatively safely from concerta via isopropyl extraction, which apparently is not the case with this brand. so i just thought i should bring this to attention. if you think my post is redundant then by all means delete it.

i was not aware of that. however it is possible to inject MPH relatively safely from concerta via isopropyl extraction, which apparently is not the case with this brand. so i just thought i should bring this to attention. if you think my post is redundant then by all means delete it.
If you do it properly you should end up with very pure methylphenidate hcl crystal, with no wax or any of that gelatin goo

It's kind of ironic that European XR morphine capsules are much easier to extract and purify (heat, cool, discard the wax) than methylphenidate ones.