• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Waking up - how do you feel?

depends on what I have to do that day. When I get in a groove of waking up real early, like 5:30am, I can wake up just fine. But when I sleep in I start the day already feeling sort of guilty and lazy, and then its depressing to get out of bed.

man i feel like shit when i wake up and im always scared for some reason. As soon as i get up i dont want to and im super pissed, if anyone even talks to me it makes me go crazy.

i dont mean the wrong way or maybe its my odd sense of humour but reading this thread from the start has had me in stitches.

i have no problem getting up when i have to get up.
but if its my day off and i havent planned a day trip away somewhere or something where i want to get away early, ill sleep in anywhere right up until 11am.

normally im asleep on average by 11.30pm and awake between 6.30 and 7 depending mon - fri.

i dont feel bad waking up i always just take ages to wake up.
but im always tired even when im energetic, if that even makes sense.

i yawn constantly all day.

I'm not exactly the type of guy that springs out of bed, ready to conquer a new day...

I love it - Im on a diet and detox (no drugs or drink) so feeling great these days :)

I just depends on how many days of good rest I've been having in a row. I can sleep over nine hours, but if I haven't slept in three days prior I will still wake up feeling like a dead carcass.

If I've been resting well, I'll press some Sumatran coffee and take kratom with it. Best mornings. Not wired or anything but I'll be pretty alert and ready for anything. If I wake up like ass I might just endure the day and try to get to sleep early and take nothing stimulatory.. then I can rest better.

Its rare but I have had mornings where I wake up refreshed and earlier than my alarm rings and I just have to get up because I feel too energetic to stay in bed. Usually, I just feel like crap.

When I had school/work I used to feel like complete shit upon waking up, which would fade into something rather tolerable as the day passed. Nowadays I feel sort of empty all along.

As long as I have a strong cup of coffee within 30 mins of rising, I'm good as wood. :)

I didn't consider myself a morning person until I found my buddy caffeine.

Im fine with waking up, if I get out of bed, If I can reach the alarm clock without getting up, then Ill sleep till noon, but I have my alarm set for sunrise so I can run, so It gives me insentive to run when its not 100F outside.

I dont really use caffeine in the morning, I just do some pushups and stretch, and hit the roads.

Recently I hate waking up.
As I don't have to go to shool or work, I fall asleep about 4am, and wake up about 2-3 pm. I always had delayed day cycle, so that's not a problem.
The problem is how long it takes for me since impulse (eg. alarm clock ;) ) till I get up. I can't force myself to stand up. And it lasts about 1,5h. I always tell myself there's nothing interesting that can happen to me this day, and just spin to another sleeping position :p

I wonder how you feel, when you wake up, and if you have any advise for me to feel better in the morning

pzdr

//my 2^7 post ;)

I feel like that everyday.

lazy, but well-rested.

if i have something to do (and plenty of coffee) i'm about 30-60 min away from "full-speed" . . but i usually take a little longer if i have the choice. not that i feel crappy getting out of bed, but i feel so good just laying there.

if i haven't smoked pot the day before, i'm usually up about an hour earlier, and itchin to get goin.

waking up sucks currently. I don't have a job and I'm on summer break, so I rarely have things that need to be done at a certain time. knowing that I don't have much to accomplish makes me think to myself "what's the point in getting up?" so I'll end up just falling back asleep 3-4 times until I just can't sleep anymore