• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vyvanse to get off blow

.loco

Greenlighter
I've been going on hard lately with blow, and as expected from fun it became addiction. I would stop, then next day felt tired and sick of it, but as soon as brain recovered a bit ....here we go again.
One person advised to try vyvanse, and then I found on internet few studies about it, and decided to try. I was always suspicious about kicking off one drug with another, as that's mostly just swapping one addiction with another
I must say, I'm very pleasantly surprised. I feel no desire to do blow at all, one my buddy other day sent me a photo of 8th ball, with invitation do do some, i was totally uninterested, no desire, anxiousness, and I said no.
I take 30 mg pills, I feel a bit amped, but i can eat on it , and after, and go to sleep at reasonable hour, if i take pill early in the morning. I took once 70mg pill, but that was a bit too strong...no need.
Planning to take last one tomorrow, and see how it goes.
Stay safe, people

Well, all I can give is my experience. It’s good that your taking your last one tomorrow. I went to inpatient a few months ago and completed it, but while I was there the doctors put me on vyvanse. And what I can say about that is in a controlled environment it was fine, but to be honest, I shouldn’t be on any type of speed.

I did have access to the internet there and I read lots of articles regarding how vyvanse isn’t recreational blah blah blah…I knew better but I had confirmation bias.

looking back all during that inpatient stint I thought I was sober and I was really happy about that but the reality is, I wasn’t. I was still getting euphoria induced by drugs just acceptable because a doctor was prescribing it and I was taking it as prescribed at the time.

Fast forward a couple months and I’m in a bit of a pickle. Is it harm reduction, sure, up to a certain point. I am coming to the conclusion that speed is speed is speed no matter what the type of speed it is and I’m a speed junkie.

I love being up, hate being down.

So yeah I experimented to see if it truly was not able to be abused being the addict that I am. And now everyone is so happy because I went to inpatient and got “clean”, but the truth is and only I know but the truth is I can feel it in the air again. That misery, that undeniable staring into the abyss. And no I can’t stop taking it God forbid. I’ll be back to using meth as my wife and parents put it because I was “self medicating “ blah blah blah.

So the short of it is, I wish I never started taking it in inpatient.

And cielimg effect, my ass…if there is I sure haven’t found it yet, maybe with redosing idk but that’s about it.

If I had it to do over again, I’d have not taken anything. Now I got to figure out a way out of this mess, and the lies…the lies…

Everyone is different tho I suppose…idk, I used to think I was different too…

H&R > BDD
I moved the thread because I see little health and recovery content. This can be reversed if need be.
Yes; speed is speed and fairly interchangeable as benzodiazepines, opioids etc are.
To get off the yay maybe find a valid maybe valiant reason to do so.
It hurts my pockets too much (cocaine) while my loved ones suffer for it. Makes me think twice about use....
Just an idea as yay isn't that rough a give up mostly just the time it takes to get moods stabilized is the punch... naturally which IME doesn't take that long maybe a day or three. Depending on how bad I fucked up usually has a factor in mindset for me as far as how long the low stays after the high has passed, that is. ;)
If there is a need to get off speed permanently maybe this does belong in health and recovery I just saw a question about one drug to get off another.
No judgments I am a user and have replaced many substances with 1 or 2 at times.
Best with this endeavor and hope this gets crinkled out sooner than later.
Peace

Well its alot safer then coke so i say go for it. Street coke is especially dangerous these days with all the fent going around