• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Vyvanse DXM time gap

Queen Chrysalis

Greenlighter
Hi I took 3 doses of 40mg vyvanse capsules(bad I know) about 6 hours apart with the last also being about 6 hours ago I was wondering how long I would have to wait for it to be safe to do dxm and how much dxm would be a safe dosage

I would wait until the effects subsided, DXM plus stimulant isn't dangerous per se but induces a strong cardiac load because of all the norepinephrine and the stim gets potentiated so be specially careful if you have had high blood pressure or tachycardia in the past. Be aware that DXM like all dissociatives induces insomnia so you might want to sleep a bit before taking it.

Dosage depends on what you expect from the DXM. For me 75-300mg were the sweet spot but this I'd different for each of us. I would recommend to start low, like 150mgs, and redose later if wanted. It's always possible to redose but what's in your system has to be ridden out.

Wait until the half-life (12-14 hours) of Vyvanse has expired. If you dosed your last dose at 12:00 PM, wait until at least 12:00 AM to dose DXM.

It's worth the wait. Vyvanse isn't very serotonergic, but serotonin syndrome and tachycardia/blood pressure issues (as plumbus-nine mentioned) are no joke, and they can really egg each other on if they're in the body at the same time.

Have fun, be safe, and happy tripping!