• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse and nausea

Shaggstheplumber

Greenlighter
A coworker of mine is having some issues with his vyvanse. Since Friday he’s been sick possibly with Covid he also has an infected cut on his hand. Saturday he took 20mgx2 vyvanse and said it was awful. He reached out to me because I have been taking it on and off for a while. He stopped taking it after Saturday and today took 1x20mg he got little to no reaction and is overwhelmed with nausea. He’s also feeling more sick than he was two days ago. Will Covid or any other sickness he has cause his vyvanse to give him nausea or is it possibly unrelated to the medication and more so the infection and sickness? Thanks In advance.

vyvanse can cause nausea but it's probably because he's sick. I'd recommend him to see a doctor if he can, infections usually don't just go away.

It's likely linked to the sickness more than anything. Amphetamine can cause nausea but it's not really known as a major side effect that frequently occurs.

I would recommend ginger to help with the nausea in the meantime, and they get to a doctor to see what's up.

It's likely linked to the sickness more than anything. Amphetamine can cause nausea but it's not really known as a major side effect that frequently occurs.

I would recommend ginger to help with the nausea in the meantime, and they get to a doctor to see what's up.
That’s what I told him to try as well. Seems he’s doing much better today. He’s going to lower his daily dose to see if it helps. Thank you!