• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 400: Anything Goes!!

Which of these submissions is your favorite? Please see the first post for the official entries.

• 1. Zopiclone Bandit

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 2. chinup

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 3. leet

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 4. madness00

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 5. mal3volent

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 6. dreamflyer

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 7. Xorkoth

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 8. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 9. busted.produk

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 10. Mr.Deeds

• 11. Speed King

• 12. thujone

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 13. sigmond

• 14. schizopath

• 15. F.U.B.A.R.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HhCUfao.jpg

Wow. Touches the soul. I will have to reflect on this.

I don't even want to post mine after that...

I know! I think I'm going to rescind mine.

I look and look at this photo. The rule of thirds, the pink trousers, the socks worn with sliders, the cuts on the legs, the elastic marks on the calf from the socks, the socks matching the top. It's all so enigmatic and yet revealing. Powerful and yet strangely vulnerable. Fucking nailed it.

I like that.

Speaks to me like the guy is looking out for the dog and willing to take the water side of the beach. His love for the dog outweighs his own emotional turmoil - just watching him wag his tail is enough to give him strength. The dog, oblivious to all this, is just happy to be with his best friend.

I like that.

Speaks to me like the guy is looking out for the dog and willing to take the water side of the beach. His love for the dog outweighs his own emotional turmoil - just watching him wag his tail is enough to give him strength. The dog, oblivious to all this, is just happy to be with his best friend.

I love that interpretation. There is a story behind it, haven't decided if I want to go into detail. Probably will at some point.

Wow, this'll be fun. I have several (thousand) photos of mine to look through!

And congrats to Xorkoth as City Master :)

Okay, I'm going with my little "city" that I made out of old circuit boards. Please let me know if you have any trouble viewing it.

20180823_124209.jpg

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Pareidolia
can cause people to interpret random images, or patterns of light and shadow, as faces.

Inset is the original photo of a rotten apple, then 2 minutes later on paint:

Last edited:
^^Hehe, I love that tomato's expression, so mischievious. =D

Wow chinup, that mosque from the ground looking up !!

I'm gonna have to do some serious archive searching for my submission. SO many photos...

For now this is my submission. Not the best photo I've ever taken, but it's meaningful to me. My good friend drew this on the wall of our band house with chalk shortly before she ODd and died. She was taking tons of 3-MeO-PCP and other drugs and trying to pretend they were all helping and that her life was amazing but really she was crumbling before our eyes. After her death, I wrote the thought bubble from the dragon's head... and it has remained for the past 2 years, and is still appropriate, and still reminds me of the lesson in the whole thing. RIP Erin <3

Ix99EyA.jpg

I was eating cashews and found these two in my pack. A cock & balls cashew and a butt cashew. Neither were modified, they came out of the pack this way.
I dont expect to win but i do think(in my perverted mind) these are hilarious.
20190425_132944~2.jpg
Edit: btw, yeah i ate em both like a pro!

Last edited: