• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Interesting [VOTING CLOSED] Bluelight Poetry Competition (The Revelation™)

Which poem is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
haha nice one thanks although i too think Pieces Of Jesus was better
i appreciate that.. ty

i put my heart into it, and considered the message I was delivering..

..with intent to lift up those who read it, as everyone has been through bullshit at point or another..
though no one has been through more than Jesus, there is at least one piece of him in each of us...

felt my flow was wonderful, but probably too biblical for some to enjoy.

Thanks to everyone who voted. I wasn't expecting to win! :oops: And thanks, @Snafu of the Forest, for organising the competition.

I enjoyed reading all the poems. Such an eclectic mix! FWIW, I voted for 'Alone with the Gods'. Surprised it didn't get more votes, actually.

Also, FWIW, 'flows' is quite an oldie, originally written as a prose poem in early 2012. But I revised it quite a bit for this competition, re-writing parts of it, and converting chunks of prose into lines and stanzas. I still reckon it needs some tweaking!

Thanks to everyone who voted. I wasn't expecting to win! :oops: And thanks, @Snafu of the Forest, for organising the competition.

I enjoyed reading all the poems. Such an eclectic mix! FWIW, I voted for 'Alone with the Gods'. Surprised it didn't get more votes, actually.

Also, FWIW, 'flows' is quite an oldie, originally written as a prose poem in early 2012. But I revised it quite a bit for this competition, re-writing parts of it, and converting chunks of prose into lines and stanzas. I still reckon it needs some tweaking!
Congratulations Wordy! I liked a number of pieces, but I felt yours stood out. Great job.

<3<3 i second that, for you, and for myself.

good job everyone who wrote, and thank you to all that took time to read, vote or comment.
Thanks. I spotted a little time back, your own passion for poetry and sharing but equally appreciating others.

So, here is a more nutty one I considered and wouldchave shared, maybe, IF it mattered lol.

Now, this was the one I quickly mocked up in the spur of moment, radio taping a 3 am piss take radio show 5 nights up on ecstasy, temazepam and alcohol as a Uni student 2003.

I decided, a poem! That would be the ticket for my show right now. My mate was passed out I was all alone hence trying to keep some company LOL.

I said, "right just gonna write a poem I'll be right back."

Paused tape, and came back, with this!

Poppy.

Poppy, and floppy, Come, go, No, Never get Stroppy.
Not while you drop e.

It's been a good few hours now since I did last drop an e.
Silly me, would like to get my own Chemistry Set

So that shit'l never run out!
I say get out, while you can.
You are no Michelin Man!

Like when you chased your own Bus, back in School.
Fuck you ran!

And don't forget, Freud says, you will always fancy your Nan-bread.

With fake teeth, and constipation is grief.

So leave me down here by the Coral leaf
I don't know about you, but I have my belief.

Last edited:
Thanks. I spotted a little time back, your own passion for poetry and sharing but equally appreciating others.
<3 I'm incredibly happy you can see that of the image I aim to present of myself -- person I strive to be
Now, this was the one I quickly mocked up in the spur of moment, radio taping a 3 am piss take radio show 5 nights up on ecstasy, temazepam and alcohol as a Uni student 2003.
i was just finishing high school then , but.. i was doing almost the same thing back then.. (maybe a year or 2 later)
and much of my early work was written in a nearly identical state :) <3

Loved it :) kind of reminds me of one i wrote called mind over matter...
though mine was more of an ode to e than wanting to get away from it at the time lol
i loved e.. too much, that i knew i had to let go at a certain point.. and just tried to take everything i learned from it with me.

Last edited:
if i was to hazard a guess, snafu gave everyone 1, and there are actually 9 votes...

ofc I could be wrong.. but thats my intuitive guess

i was definetly wrong.. i just noticed if you click the poem name in the list at the top.. you can see who voted what. ;) :) <3

Yo, my very good actually, in my solid experience and feeling here since ever, but spec recently, solidly accepting, kind and supoortive brother here...

I looked now. Fancy that, you were my own "vote" lol.

I honestly never changd my vote to your Midnight Parlour except purely on merit, ftr, as I realised I had skimmed no 1 so fast initially not fair read, expecting to re read all.

Last edited: