• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vomiting blood day after opiates?

drewpy

Greenlighter
Hey I had some butyr fentanyl last night and it was strong and good. Enjoyable but I think I overdid it.

This morning I woke up felt like I was hit by a truck. I was nauseous all day and couldn't put food down. I forced myself to throw up a few times after drinking water to purge whatever is in my stomach. Vomit looks like miso soup (bile?) with black dots (blood?). Stomach still fucking hurts, do I keep drinking water and puking or try to keep it down?

Edit: just puked again, maybe 6th time. Color is yellow/green with black spots. What should I do, wait it out?

Last edited:
Ide say try to keep it down and maybe eat some dramamine or something to stop the nausea. But ive mever had that happen and im not a dr so i dont know, ide say ifnit gets worse see a hospital

Don't have any dramamine with me, I'd have to drive to the store. I want to take an ambien and sleep it off but I'm trying to figure out how serious my situation is.

Whats your history with opiates? (How long youve been using/how many times have you WD from them/is your habit big or small?) each WD and detox gets harder and more severe, if you were withdrawaling before you used the fent, that could be why. Its the crack of opiates and of course you know it tops the list potency wise, so it shoots your tolerance way up, and leaves your system quickly maybe leaving you with bad withdrawals which could be why your vomiting so much? Have you had any other type of symptoms that correlate to opiate withdrawal? I hope what I wrote makes since, it was kind of hard to word it to where you could understand. Maybe food poisoning or stomach flu?
Might possiby be wrong with the information on fent because im not a pro on fentanyl, I never really fondled with it much or cared too

.. well stop forcing yourself to throwup, if your body "needs" to, it will do it on its own. I doubt the fentanyl caused any damage, and youre most likely over reacting. Nausea is a common side effect, if it doesnt subside within a day, it may be something else. Give as an update whenever.

- SS737dOH

do NOT force or encourage yourself to throw up.
that will cause problems.
if this persists contact a doctor.

Go to the ER. They will give you zofran for nausea and IV fluids to prevent dehydration. Drink electrolyte water to replace electrolytes lost in vomit if you do. Seriously call for an ambulance especially if you suspect blood in your vomit. Bloody vomit is a red flag that says call for the ER... NOW

I think you are over reacting big time. Stop making yourself puke and go to bed. You will feel fine tomorrow.

My3sons I go through this puking bile without blood unable to drink barely able up breath a lot. Going to get IV fluids and zofran are very important reasons to go to a place to get urgent care (ER).

Opiate withdrawals are real and harsh.... Maybe not deadly, but harsh for sure

Butyr fent has a really short half life, right? I wouldn't rule out withdrawal if you were binging/constantly redosing, if that's even what you meant by overdoing it. It's happened to me with enhanced kratom extracts. No history of opiate addiction, just over a day spent redosing whenever I wanted, and boom-some pretty serious wds. One day binging on something with like an hour half life is like binging on heroin for over a week. Or it just made you sick. But if it starts getting worse, and weirder (like crushing depression out of nowhere) I'd place my bets on it being WD. Vomiting is common with opiate use in general so I wouldn't freak out yet but keep an eye on it, if you get some unexplainable symptoms or the nausea gets too severe, please seek medical help. Dehydration could become a serious issue, and dehyrdration is no joke.