• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vitamin B12 Shots (Home made)

EyeOfHorrus

Greenlighter
Hopefully this is in the right place.

With that said...

At this time I cannot afford to see a Doctor to get blood work done and request Vitamin b12 shots until I'm out of my Suboxone program (soon to be).

In the past, I've used vitamin b12 cyanocobalamin pills, mixed with cold water, micron-filtered and then injected into the fat of my belly for self b12 shots.

Now that I'm off Heroin and nearly off Suboxone too, I can think clearly and am not willing to resort to this exact method of b12 injection without ample research.

Has anyone heard of anyone else doing this? If so do you know of any harm-reduced methods? I do not have access to liquid b12 (prescription required). So I'm looking for any safer methods of preparing b12 for skin fat injection.

It isn't hard to get a hold of some injectable B12, just buy the versions for lifestock and animals. Vet. grade B12 is just as good as human grade in my experience. I usually get a container that is 250L 1000mcg/ml for around 13 bucks USD.

Just go to your vet. Injectable B12 is super cheap and easy to find.

I typically do 1 shot a week of 1000mcg, helps with adderall tolerance and comedowns IMO. Also increases appetite.

Wow haha. Never thought of this for some reason. My cat is suber obese (27lbs) and could probably use these legitimately anyway. I'll check it out.

P.S Try to find methylcobalamin vs. cyanocobalamin. The cyanide addition to the upper ligand of the cobalamin molecule renders it biologically inactive.

That's cool about the vet B12... are you sure anyone can just walk in and buy it?

I generally order online, but I've never in my life been stopped or even second questioned buying vet. grade vitamins. It's ludicrous that you need a prescription in most situations to get possession of I.M B12 solutions for human consumption.

That's cool about the vet B12... are you sure anyone can just walk in and buy it?

As Reefer said, I prefer to get mine online as well. Can get it cheaper and the methyl form is what you want to go for.

:\ I've taken B12 shots for YEARS. Many of those were administered by my old school GP for over a decade. Before he retired, he told me to order it online and self-administer. I'm squeamish with needles, so my husband not only orders B12 online, but gives me the shots!

I didn't know this about the vet availability. Guess I never really thought about it. The online pharmacy we use for B12 is not expensive.

And if by all means you are completely unable to use hypodermic needles, you can get oral B12. Like I mentioned earlier though it HAS to be methylcobalamin if you want any real impact. Only downside to oral is the dosaging is usually 3x-5x higher than what you would normally give yourself via I.M/subq administration.

:\ I've taken B12 shots for YEARS. Many of those were administered by my old school GP for over a decade. Before he retired, he told me to order it online and self-administer. I'm squeamish with needles, so my husband not only orders B12 online, but gives me the shots!

I didn't know this about the vet availability. Guess I never really thought about it. The online pharmacy we use for B12 is not expensive.

Do sub q injections, you can't really even feel them. Pinch some fat around the side (1-2 inches out) of your belly button and pin it there.

What size needle is required - would diabetic needles work? If yes, those are so small you barely feel them.