View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Visuals from LSD have been losing their definition

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
So the last couple times I've taken LSD, I've found that the OEVs have started to lose their definition. As in, tripping on LSD just makes my vision kind of blurry, rather than getting intricate patterns or designs. I don't trip very often, probably once every 2 months so I don't feel like I'm overdoing it or anything.

Anyone else have this issue? Its kind of a bummer. My only thought as to what would be causing it is the last 2 times I tripped, I was drinking a few beers throughout the trip, maybe this was dulling the visuals? Was also smoking a good bit of weed, but this usually just increases visuals for me.

You become accustomed to visuals the more your experience them. Beer will dull it of course but ime visuals become less novel over the years. Either up the dose, wait, avoid mixing it with downers, or all three.

Take more, use it less, and don't take any CNS depressants, especially benzos, and you may find yourself returning to fantasy land. I have noticed this lack of clarity of visuals when I use too often, or again, have other substances in my body that tend to diminish visuals and sometimes headspace.

Take more, use it less, and don't take any CNS depressants, especially benzos, and you may find yourself returning to fantasy land. I have noticed this lack of clarity of visuals when I use too often, or again, have other substances in my body that tend to diminish visuals and sometimes headspace.

Going to cut out the booze next trip. I've just gotten in the habit of drinking beers throughout the trip just for the hell of it (usually out camping so why not). I think this has also lead to the minor headaches I've been getting mid-trip as well.

All of the above is very good advice! :)

As for me, I go for combos, LSD becomes very visual with Mescaline or similar phenethylamines, also with Harmaline (be very careful with MAOI)!.. 8)

I've taken LSD with 2C-B and got some very nice visuals. I thought harmaline only worked for tryptamines like mushrooms? Does it potentiate LSD in the same way?

I've taken LSD with 2C-B and got some very nice visuals. I thought harmaline only worked for tryptamines like mushrooms? Does it potentiate LSD in the same way?
There is a weird and strong potentiation. Most MAOIs (Syrian Rue, Harmaline, in particular) inhibits all monoamines, including all psychedelic compounds, serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, histamine, tyramine, phenethylamine and many others so its important to remember that and keep your diet very light on that day and the day before and avoid presciption drugs and supplements that may affect your monoamines levels.

A piece of that nice aged cheddar and some omelette while on MAOIs might really make you sick, up to feeling like you're going to die, no kidding!

I remember a strong acid trip when 1 "normal" hit taken 30 minutes after dosing 120mg of Harmaline had become almost a 5-hitter in strength, also it will have a new character, very earthy, heavy and enveloping, warming feeling, quite extreme melting effects - I was driving at night through wilderness and it was really crazy, took me a lot of mental powers to be able to drive (definitely should not do it on public roads!)...8(

If you're open to using other drugs, I'd say 4-HO-MET is a great choice for crisp, high-definition open-eye visuals. I haven't used it, but I've also heard that AL-LAD's open-eye visuals are more pronounced in certain ways than LSD's. As for LSD itself, perhaps try some meditation techniques during the peak effects.

AL-LAD really is just visuals and giggles for me. Not much headspace at all but I must admit I have never taken more than one tab (150 mgs). I love it for that though. If I had a friend interested in LSD but was also nervous about taking it I would suggest they try AL-LAD (or Alladin, I can't remember if I came up with that or if that is a thing or not :p) before they tried LSD-25.

As far as the dullng of visuals. Go I have to echo everyone else. Dosing less often, taking more, no CNS depressants.

<3