• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) and cocaine?

scarecr0w

Greenlighter
Anyone know if it is safe to mix hydroxyzine and cocaine?
I know Vistaril is an antihistamine but I wanted to use it for its anti-anxiety affects.
Anyone know anything on this?

Also, I believe this is a sedative antihistamine. Not a "speedy" one.

Also, move this to BDD please. Sorry :p

Last edited by a moderator:
DC --> BDD

Also, use the edit button instead of double posting.

It should be safe, however, the sedative effects of the hydroxyzine may dull some of the effects of cocaine.

I'm going to edit the title of this thread to include the generic name (hydroxyzine) for easier searching.

Also, I will let you guys know if this works as a good anti-anxiety combo.
I'm one of those guys that loves benzos on cocaine. Can't seem to handle it by itself. Will let you guys know later tonight or tomorrow.

I was also wondering. Should I ignore my heart rhythm unless it's going 180BPM or so? Is it just me blowing my buzz? When I'm on benzos and I notice it's racing I don't care. Should I just accept that this is normal and that I will be fine?

Last edited:
180bpm for any extended period of time is detrimental to your health...

It's well under 120bpm. I was just asking if it seems as though I were being paranoid. I do get anxiety chest pains sometimes.

You should reduce your dose to a point where you don't have anxiety, as Tripman mentioned, extended high heart rates could be dangerous. Cocaine (and other stimulants) are going to raise your BPM by their nature, but don't go overboard.

What's your resting BPM?

Thats fine. I was in a psych ward earlier this year and my resting heart rate was between 120-190 while I was there for 40-50 days... Even while on a lot of benzo's.

But yeah don't dose yourself into anxiety...

72 BPM. I think I am freaking myself out. It's hard not to dose to the point of anxiety, though. I can't get the rush I want without nearly having a bad panic attack. Hm... Oh, well I guess. Moderation

If you can't get the dose you want without getting a panic attack you may want to find a new DOC? I know I have to stick clear of stimulants myself.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they seem to take a little edge off if you take 75-100mg of Vistaril. Hope this helps anyone else out if you're lacking benzos for the ride or the comedown.