Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Vicks 44 cough syrup (w00t!)

ihaq4weed

Bluelighter
i knew my stoner eyes werent tricking me when i seen the new Vicks 44 cough syrup advertisement on the telly.

Active Ingredients (in each 15 ml tablespoon):

Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg (cough suppressant)

Inactive Ingredients:

alcohol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene oxide, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate

am i missing something here or are my dances to praise the DXM gods on track.... hehehe.

Go to the local pharmacy or dollar store and pick up a bottle. Double check to make sure you get one with only Dextromethorphan as your active ingredient.
Have fun! Your wishes have been granted!

Excuse my ignorance... but how do you get 30mg of DXM in 15ml of solution... is it due to DXM having a very high molecular weight???

^ and high solubility in the dissolving liquid. Also, remember that 15mL of water weighs about 15,000 mg.

BigTrancer :)

Haha, I saw that ad too :)

Made me smile :D I usually just drink the Robitussin DX Extra Strength though.

I drank some Vicks44 back in the day... it was too syrupy for me, robo max strength cough is less viscous than Vicks44 and it tastes better. Of course this was 2 years ago so Vicks might have changed the formula in order to make it easier to drink a whole bottle at once...

i lived overseas for ages when i was a teenager and we used to get pure, or near pure DXM solution.. it was called romilar.. made by roche chemicals.. it came it little viles kinda like LSD liquid viles.. i would say there was about 20ml in total.. each vile had 200mg of DXM i think.. u just had to down it and wham!.. tasted REALLY bad though

StuffedTiger said:
Of course this was 2 years ago so Vicks might have changed the formula in order to make it easier to drink a whole bottle at once...

Cos drug companies are often so considerate to recreational users ;)

have been considering this for a while, as my curiousity is getting the better of me.
Might try the vicks 44, ill let you know how it goes when i get arsed to go and get some.

drinking lots of this would obviously cause problems with health though, yes?

Vicks 44 contains dextromethorphan (DXM), so going to the Erowid DXM Vault will give you all the information you need. Have a read of William White's DXM FAQ also.

lol my friends looked at me very weird when I exclaimed "oh fuck yeah!!!" at a cough medicine advert.

Any word on the ingredients, is it still safe

i just bourght some for legitimate use (the gf and i are flu central atm). bit of a funny experince. the guy behind the counter wouldnt sell me the robo DX, he tried to palm off some bendsoyl or something like that (yellow box with a green swoosh) that had 5mg of DXM to 30ml of sryup (iirc!). so i asked for the vickz and he was like 'no worries!'. heh. 'i seen it on the telly must work, telly never liez!'

anyway. it tastes like sudafed cough syrup i reckon. the bottle is 120ml and comes with its own medicine cup (yay! 8) ). and the cap! haha, whats the point having a child proof cap if the instructions to open it are on the cap with pics and arrows !?

from the box:

"ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Each 22.5ml of syrup contains 30mg of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide. Also contains: Sucrose, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol 5% v/v."

"Each 22.5ml of syrup contains 8.32g Sucrose. This should be taken into account by diabetics."

"Do not use this medication if you are currentlytaking or within two weeks of stopping treatment wioth monomine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), or if you are uncertain whether your prescription drug contains a MAOI. Consult your Doctor before taking this medication if you are suffering from Parkinson's disease, are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have asthma, emphysema, excessive phlegm (mucus), persistent or chronic cough, chronic bronchitis or cough associated with smoking. If cough persists for more then 7 days, recurs or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache consult your doctor."

so yer. im not gonna abuse it, im sick ffs! but i can tell you it works well for dry coughs. dah.

im also stoned so ill leave it up to other ppl to go further into the active ingredients.

excuse my ignorance
but if i wanted to try something new.

all i need to do is go buy robitussen.
have a dose between 100-200 mgs (light dosage from erowid)

and i will feel something.
cos it would be relativly cheap for a high?

There are many robotussin threads if you do a search, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE research as there are types of robotussin that will make you FUCKING ILL at those doses. It must be MAX STRENGTH. nothing else.