• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VIC-Oct 8-Triptamind - REVIEWS

Someone has this as there signature on another forum; I had to post it because it cracks me up

trip.png

:)

Well it is about time we start thinking about this triptamind night in a more solid fashion being that it is just over two weeks away, so I will get right into it now and give a little writeup on the acts and how I personally view them. My views may be somewhat different from how they personally view themselves, so hold up people - I may offend you!

I am really looking forward to this night of tunes. The lineup is a good example of the Triptamind style, i.e. a merging of Breaks and Psytrance (and often ambient tunes) to create an often confusing but ultimately rewarding feel to the night/day. In the last four years we have run parties with the same kind of philosophy, with mixed results, but the idea of running Breaks with Psytrance seems to go down better these days, which is very good for us and reinforces Groovy's and my madness.

Well, the lineup is just going to be so fun to progress with (in order of appearance);

Upstairs

ChibaBros will kick off the night with some anti Trance in their quackery and brilliant madness. These guys are known for their messiness, unpredictability and straight-out oddball behavior. From what I can tell ChibaBros is made up loosely of four members, Rich, John, Paul and Reece, of whom you are always left guessing which ones will front to play... they usually have two in attendance, but any scenario is possible and I have never been present when Rich has not played. Two of the members of ChibaBros also make up Hired Goons, the infamous Gi’iwa Psy outfit. ChibaBros always lay down the perfect foundations for a good night out. John and Rich also make up the strange but funny Doof crew Third Ear that is running the party Random Instinct in November - a gig picked by many doof critics to be the party of the year. ChibaBros are the ‘merry pranksters’ of Melbourne trance, as important as they are relevant.... and irreverent.

Dale is the founder of the trance forum Oztrance. He has been an antagonistic trance-head from time immemorial, being very actively involved in the infamous Little Reatas and Nature's Elements over the years as well as compiling the RSF cds for Green Ant. He has toured Japan and other such places playing his tunes, and has always hit the spot. After Dale played a very impressive set at the ‘Triptamind - Free Day (party) by the River’ earlier this year, pulling out a superb array of old and new Psy tracks, I invited him back for this one. I eagerly look forward to seeing the monkey do it all again.

Luke Shamanixxx is one of the nicest DJs I have had the pleasure of working with. He first appeared on the radar years back in a very different guise, when he was briefly famed for being a member in the 80s band AH-HA. Shamanix has been a regular fixture on the Victorian psytrance circuit for many years now, consistently rocking dancefloors. Luke prides himself on presenting the latest sounds in tight and futuristic sets, and with a deep musical collection. Luke draws his inspiration from across the spectrum of psychedelic trance styles and from a diverse range of artists. His signature sound is that of dark nights in deep forests: pounding kicks, punchy effects and wild atmospherics delivered with minimum cheese. In 2001 Luke was a co-founder of the U.C.C. (Unconscious Collective party crew ), whose parties have included the “Vanishing Point” and “Solar Lunacy” series of parties, along with “Arcane Ritual", thrown in collaboration with Alien Earth Events, and more recently "space is da place" . To me, the most memorable features of Shamanix are his good looks and obsessive greed for money, women & drugs... all of which are a dead giveaway when he rides up on his new motorcycle with the number plate ‘Skazi’.

Siaqua are a regular fixture at Triptamind parties, and rightly so: they simply Rock. Siaqua produces most of its own tunes, and is made up of the very modest and intellectual Tom and Pete. For almost 3 years, Siaqua have been producing fun, energetic psychedelic trance, playing around Melbourne at parties which include Earthcore, Shroomz, Bliss and Triptamind. I personally believe they have a much more indoor sound, sometimes more resonant with the Post-Rave scene than the Oz outdoor Doof scene, but they go off outdoors nonetheless. They also have a CD out which in my opinion does not quite do them justice - their live performances are brilliant. Get into them, people, they do not disappoint. I will definitely be down the front for this.

Ozzy is one of Melbourne’s most outstanding and well-known Psy DJs. Founder of Tribeadelic records and organiser of the parties of the same name, he has played and run parties all around Oz. He has also played around the world extensively including Mount Fuji/Japan and New Caledonia, and he is set to play the Eclipse Festival in Turkey next year, so do not miss out on his set out east. It is Ozzy's first time out at Ruby's and I know he aims to please. It will be very interesting to see what he pulls out for us on the night. He plays solid straight-up fuckoff good sets, (Cheesy? Naaah... Fun? Yeah!), and mixes tracks smoother than a NASA astronaut craps... look out and hold on, Ozzy is out east!

Hefty Output are, as their name suggests, very, very hard. Hefty Output started making music in 2001 and are made up of Tim & Dan. Notorious throughout the Oz Psy scene as stirring mess up amuck and emptying dance floors in seconds, these guys can pack one very solid punch that leaves would-be dancers looking for their dancing shoes. Hefty Output signed to Ketuh Records earlier this year at my house with P-Mac, and then proceeded to rip the place apart in true self-indulgent fashion. Hefty Output are releasing an album very shortly on Ketuh Records and are expected to trial some of their new tracks at this gig. Look out Ruby's, the time has come to put that evacuation plan into action. Hefty Output have played Triptamind parties before, always to an outstanding response. They also have a killer track on the fantastic Triptamind-related CD, Hyperspatial Chrysalis on Ketuh Records, dedicated to the outdoor party we all worked on and through which we shared an intense bond earlier this year in the Grampians. For more info on the Triptamind CD, see http://www.ketuhrecords.com/ and or http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4764

Downstairs

A De Biet has been DJing Breaks, Drum & Bass and HipHop for over 8 years round town, always a crowd pleaser and full of surprises. He really seems to take his audience on a long journey, often employing hip hopism to do so. His mixing is always unpredictable and refreshing; I have never seen him do the same thing twice with his tunes. On a side note, I have seen him swing his cock around on house party dancefloors... whatever that is all about I do not know. Loved every set I have seen him play - ‘bring it on downstairs’ as he says, @ his favourite club, Ruby’s. And if you want to get on A De Biet's bad side, see if he is up for taking requests ;)

Dr Zaius became known very recently playing Glitch and scaring (scarring?) little girls all around Oz. He is good at both, so watch out. He is known to play Breaks and Glitch, a strange but fun combination, and he does both well... so run for the hills, people. He has become quite a cult figure at the ‘Neo Sounds’ gigs in Melbourne and frankly I love his work both as a person and a DJ. I suspect there will be lots of people downstairs at Ruby’s just to see this guy.

GroovyBoots is infamous around the Melbourne underground breaks scene, DJing around town for a very impressive 13 years. House parties are his preferred venue; he has played 100s of house parties over the years as well as ‘Plastic’, ‘Berserk’, ‘Filter’, ‘Earthcore’, ‘Pants-off Festival’ and more recently at all the TimeBecomesaLoop and Triptamind parties, as well as ‘Vine Vibes’ and a massive 10-hour set at one of Syzmix's parties as his alter ego, Postman Pat. For the Ruby’s gig he claims he is playing old-school breaks and some new renditions of oldies... this man gets people shaking their booties like no other DJ I have worked with. If you've been around, you've seen GroovyBoots around. As well as being the best damn DJ I have met, he is also the most single - not sure why, maybe it is the hair, man. He is also the man to watch out for, being the better half of this Triptamind collective he has nothing to lose and everything to break.

Well there you have it, a little insight on our acts and a little insite into Triptamind I would think too.

Love and Light

Ronny&D

=D

Heya... thanks for the kind words man!!! Can't wait to see at the party!!!!

:) WOOOOHOOOO This will rock! :D

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
^^^Dude I saw you play at a party somewhere sometime...

You rawked.

Cant wait to see it again....

WOOT!

Well then you had better make effort of attending this party then;)

Mega excitment building about this fine little shindig, starfalls when IS your actual birthday? You're not the only one who has claimed this party as their second birthday celebration, the challenge shall be who will remain upright the longest!

Was down at Ruby's last weekend, and I must say it was WELL worth the trip (and i live in Brunswick!). Such a lovely laid back atmosphere, great setup and such beautiful crisp clean air, it almost felt like an outdoor party!

For Triptamind I have several spaces in my car goign begging and will most likely coming from the South eastern suburbs, so if you know me, pm/ msg me for liftage. See you soon kids!

just got a film back that had some Triptamind pics from the Grampians earlier this year, i just have to post one up here to share with you;

BooKaty11.jpg

miss slingshot said:
Mega excitment building about this fine little shindig, starfalls when IS your actual birthday? You're not the only one who has claimed this party as their second birthday celebration, the challenge shall be who will remain upright the longest!

Was down at Ruby's last weekend, and I must say it was WELL worth the trip (and i live in Brunswick!). Such a lovely laid back atmosphere, great setup and such beautiful crisp clean air, it almost felt like an outdoor party!

For Triptamind I have several spaces in my car goign begging and will most likely coming from the South eastern suburbs, so if you know me, pm/ msg me for liftage. See you soon kids!

So good to have you coming all the way out from god knows where for this one miss slingshot :D

You Rock, and this party is going to pump in the hills=D

I'm there with bells on, well my phone rings so I can class it as bells right?

I even made sure that I'm not working the next day so that I may stay all night and enjoy the festivities...

Reading through this thread was enough to convince me.. that and some prompting from miss slingshot.. heehee

I've managed to arrange my affairs (ie work) so that i can make it to this. Very much looking forward to it. Glitch downstairs too.. gonna be rockin.

This is going to be great. Can't wait to play some tunes out in the hills.

One potato, one potato, one potato... um this is going nowhere quick.

I've got a blood infection :( I'm been off work all week, and will be off for another week.

I'm not contagious however, so I'll still be coming.

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
One potato, one potato, one potato... um this is going nowhere quick.

I've got a blood infection :( I'm been off work all week, and will be off for another week.

I'm not contagious however, so I'll still be coming.

*scowls at BBG* you should be resting...dont make me tie you up so you stay still.

on that note...ive got a bucks party to attend saturday and im working...so alas i wont be making it :(

Good to see we are going to have some blue lights in attendance, I know so many of you had fun at out day party, and the only way we can do more outdoors is to raise some $$$, and this party has been arranged to do just that, so hope some of you can come help add your support

This Triptamind is going to rock

Killer line up, good people
:)