• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Very low Serotonin blood work!

Update: serotonin 9 range 21-321

So it's still low.

Folate 18.2 range >3.0

So folate is good. New plan going to add 200mg SamE for a week then bump it to 400mg for 1-2 weeks and get another test done. Do I still need methylcobalamine even though my B12 blood test showed I'm wayyyy above normal range?

Update: this morning I took 200mg SamE with 400mcg Folate (as Quatrefolic (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid glucosamine salt)

Went back to sleep for a few hours. I've been up about 4 hours now and I've noticed I feel a little more groggy than usual. Maybe just coincidence.

Last edited:
Update: after further research I found out that a blood test for serotonin is very innaccurate and people who suffer from depression tend to show lower scores on a blood test but the results are innaccurate. I have noticed since starting 300 mg wellbutrin the past month I have felt much better. I am more positive and most my depression is gone. What I don't understand is if wellbutrin increases norepinephrine and dopamine then why does it make me feel so much better when Adderall did not give me the same feeling and it also increases norepinephrine and dopamine?

I never heard of blood tests used to measure serotonin.... Thats in your brain not even brain scans can measure it. And taking Adderall raises dopamine which indirectly decreases serotonin. If you want more serotonin just stop the stims for a while

Ditch the Bs supplements.. your body will naturally Produce serotonin

As for the well button and Adderall I tried both, when I took WB, it blocked the effects of Adderall. So taking Adderall was waste of pills lol.