• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Veganism made my addiction and recovery WAY harder than they should have been

Your sinews would flare up before it ever gets to brain damage. I was veg for 10 years, after a while your body's reserves are depleted, but the last organ this will hurt is the brain
It didnt hurt, i just could not think straight because i had no vitamins and minerals in me and the brain is the organ that uses up the most calories in the body

It's just another form of starving yourself to death or just a decision or option of diet choice. It should involve a doctor for medical advice if possible. I have heard of not eating meat but actually eating protein from soy, eggs, peanut butter (fresh) spinach, nuts, beans (legumes) other types of protein gelatin which is also bone broth. But you can't get too picky YOLO. God gave you 80 or so years so you better get it right. :)
Oh yeah cheese.
I really do prefer vegetables over meat. I would love a cheese pizza with anchovies only. Or a cheese pizza with mushrooms only. And preferably with cauliflower crust. I still like meat but will always just eat more vegetables if I can. You definitely need nutrients and vitamins that's for sure or you are not going to make it too well.

You know how those vegan documentaries start from there and proceed to say how plants are all you need, which is a ton of bullshit. They eventually want us eating bugs like they are now trying to push on us.

Vegans don't eat bugs.

This is a given, and why vegans need to eat food supplemented with non-protein nutrients.

Vegans don’t eat bugs, but many aren’t opposed to it. I think that’s an example where their mouth ain’t where their money is…. Many talk a big game but put a bug in front of them and they’ll tell you no thanks and reach for that fake Daiya freezer pizza.

I also find it funny that despite being living creatures that feel pain, they aren’t considered on the same tier as “animals” aka anything fuzzy, cute and often mammalian. There’s no solid explanation ever given for this other than the “come on obviously bugs don’t matter as much as say a cow..” But why? If it’s a test of morality, why do the little bugs not matter? Soon as we start to pick these apart the whole ideology falls apart. It’s all based on what we pick and choose as animals worthy of living, essentially ones that can look up at you with beady eyes right before you kill em.

-GC

It didnt hurt, i just could not think straight because i had no vitamins and minerals in me and the brain is the organ that uses up the most calories in the body

I mean yeah if you go veg and don't watch your minerals and vitamins you're gonna have a bad time.

I had been watching my intake strictly

I mean yeah if you go veg and don't watch your minerals and vitamins you're gonna have a bad time.

Vitamins and minerals in whole food form will always beat supplement forms. So if you go veg at all you’ll have a bad time.

To me, any diet that requires you to supplement to stay healthy isn’t a healthy diet to begin with..

-GC

Vegans don’t eat bugs, but many aren’t opposed to it. I think that’s an example where their mouth ain’t where their money is…. Many talk a big game but put a bug in front of them and they’ll tell you no thanks and reach for that fake Daiya freezer pizza.

I also find it funny that despite being living creatures that feel pain, they aren’t considered on the same tier as “animals” aka anything fuzzy, cute and often mammalian. There’s no solid explanation ever given for this other than the “come on obviously bugs don’t matter as much as say a cow..” But why? If it’s a test of morality, why do the little bugs not matter? Soon as we start to pick these apart the whole ideology falls apart. It’s all based on what we pick and choose as animals worthy of living, essentially ones that can look up at you with beady eyes right before you kill em.

People who aren't opposed to eating bugs aren't vegans. Vegans are people who don't eat and are opposed to eating all animal products.

Vegans don't eat bugs.

This is a given, and why vegans need to eat food supplemented with non-protein nutrients.
What i meant was that after losing access to meat, they will tell people who understand nutrition to get their protein from bugs. Not vegans. Vegans think humans can thrive without animal protein.

Last edited by a moderator:

-GC
They do the same with humans... They dont protest against animals eating animals out of necessity but they do protest humans eating animals despite us being mostly carnivore, not omni. Veganism is human cruelty, vegans have no empathy for humans.

That sounds like a very unrewarding full-time job, honestly. The fact that you have to spend so much time and effort on a diet should tell you all you need to know about it. Why would anyone want to spend so much energy on food all day? Extremely unnatural and exhausting is exactly how food should NOT be.
Imagine having to acquire nutritionist level knowledge just to survive on a diet... Yeah, veganism is a natural human diet 😂😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's body is different, so it may just not be the best diet for you. I'm in my early 50's and have been vegan for almost 3 years, and I feel phenomenal. My bloodwork just came back excellent.

B12 and inadequate protein are usually the two main concerns, so I take supplements along with flaxseed oil and Calcium/Magnesium/D.

Now please excuse me while I chow down on some Impossible meatloaf over mashed taters with mushroom gravy and A1 sauce...

;)🌱

Everyone's body is different, so it may just not be the best diet for you. I'm in my early 50's and have been vegan for almost 3 years, and I feel phenomenal. My bloodwork just came back excellent.

B12 and inadequate protein are usually the two main concerns, so I take supplements along with flaxseed oil and Calcium/Magnesium/D.

Now please excuse me while I chow down on some Impossible meatloaf over mashed taters with mushroom gravy and A1 sauce...

;)🌱

I’m curious as to the list of supplements you need to take?

-GC

;)🌱
Seed oils are one of the worst things we can put in our bodies, the euphoria vegans feel on their first years is literally because of autophagia, yourbody is eating itself because you are starving it, humans are simply not hervibores, and like @G_Chem said, a diet where you have to supplement is far from ideal, but i hope that you don't wait long enough till u have to take alot more supplements... 9 years in, i was taking iron, b12, folic acid, vit c, zinc, magnesium, protein powders, and others i cant remember, but i hope you're well and strong.

I’m curious as to the list of supplements you need to take?

-GC
I'm a supplement junkie so I take quite a few, but only the ones that I listed above are for being vegan. Because I'm a physically active man in my 50's, I also take zinc, B-complex, creatine, probiotics and turmeric extract.

Oh, and I took milk thistle extract for a long time to cleanse my liver after decades of drug/alcohol abuse.

Seed oils are one of the worst things we can put in our bodies, the euphoria vegans feel on their first years is literally because of autophagia, yourbody is eating itself because you are starving it, humans are simply not hervibores, and like @G_Chem said, a diet where you have to supplement is far from ideal, but i hope that you don't wait long enough till u have to take alot more supplements... 9 years in, i was taking iron, b12, folic acid, vit c, zinc, magnesium, protein powders, and others i cant remember, but i hope you're well and strong.
If ever I looked/felt like dookie or my bloodwork came back bad, then I would have to rethink my diet. But I was also vegetarian for almost 3 years before I went vegan and so far, so good.

If ever I looked/felt like dookie or my bloodwork came back bad, then I would have to rethink my diet. But I was also vegetarian for almost 3 years before I went vegan and so far, so good.
Vegetarian is far better than vegan because u at least get some animal products, we can't get over 15 nutrients from plants and many vegans say that "those are not essential" which is a-grade bullshit, just like pretty much everything they say.

I went vegan for a year in order to heal my health condition, on the advice of a practitioner I really trusted. Plus I was desperate.

It really destroyed my body and aged me. In addition to my primary condition not getting better, I had joint pain, my skin and hair looked terrible, and I had no energy for daily activities. My sex drive also disappeared.

Reintroducing animal products and eating a high protein diet turned things around.

Veganism is not sustainable long-term. It's a good short-term detox diet but that's it. I have never met a long-term vegan who looked good. All the soy boys I've met are so docile and don't seem like they can handle life.

Full fat animal products are where it's at.

You wonder why no one ever said shit - probably because most vegans rabidly defend their fucked up diet and that just don't want to deal with it.

No offense intended to anyone but I've always thought if you are stupid enough to go vegan you are probably too stupid to be reasoned out of it. 'Can't reason someone out of illogical position that didn't use reason to get to' kinda thing.

In my experience with vegans, this is true. It's like a cult, and anyone who says otherwise to the shining light that is veganism is simply 'lost' and can't see the truth because meat is clouding their vision.

In my opinion, there was a large push in the last century to eat far more meat than we should and that a lot of veganism is comparing itself to this outrageous level of meat eating. I think most people should eat less meat. Most people would be far healthier if they cut their consumption of it by half, and increased fruit, veges and eggs in their diet.

I also think the fact most people only eat flesh is a problem too. No kidneys, no liver, no brains. Hell, even a lot of people avoid meat with bones now. To me this is unhealthy and we should be eating more of the animals we slaughter for food.

I feel bad that people here have encountered so many problems by going vegan. I guess it's not for everybody. Hopefully you're all feeling better now.

Even though I'm vegan myself, the preachy ones annoy me just as much as they do to everyone else. I'm not the kind of person to beat someone over the head with a block of tofu and try to convert them. It's just a personal choice with me.

The same goes for my Christianity. So many people in my old church were so judgmental that I finally stopped going. My faith is actually stronger now that I don't have to deal with all of the pressure from my "fellow believers".