• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Vallium - Need help with withdrawl question!

RT_

Greenlighter
Ok so been on prescribed a low dose of diazepam for a week 2mg pills 3 times a day. If I switch over to infrequent yet higher doses say 3-4 times a week MAX. Just for panic and stuff because I don't feel like I need them daily but then again when im having a panic attack a 2mg pill isn't gonna touch me, just as and when instead would be better. Will I get withdrawls on the days I don't take them, once dependance is present?
Reddit won't give me a straight answer even tho i think its a simple question 😭
I have a taper plan ready with my doctor and i'm being monitored weekly. Just need to know this question because this current plan is not as effective for anxiety as I think it could be. So how long after my last dose until withdrawl begins? Like can I take them infrequently? Any help would be appreciated :)

Ok so been on prescribed a low dose of diazepam for a week 2mg pills 3 times a day. If I switch over to infrequent yet higher doses say 3-4 times a week MAX. Just for panic and stuff because I don't feel like I need them daily but then again when im having a panic attack a 2mg pill isn't gonna touch me, just as and when instead would be better. Will I get withdrawls on the days I don't take them, once dependance is present?
I have a taper plan ready with my doctor and i'm being monitored weekly. Just need to know this question because this current plan is not as effective for anxiety as I think it could be. So how long after my last dose until withdrawl begins? Like can I take them infrequently? Any help would be appreciated :)

This makes no sense. Why are you talking about increasing the dose when you're worried about withdrawals?

How long have you been on them? The withdrawals from 6mg per day should be quite minimal.

You say you have a one week prescription.

They have a super long half life.

We don't know the reason why they were prescribed.

I would take only when really needed and if done responsibly with what you have, you don't have to worry about withdrawals or tolerance at all.

Diazepam 2/5/10mg tablets (most are scored) so Diazepam 2mg can be snapped in half and take a single mg. A great taper tool/dose

Even Diazepam 10mg is relatively mild for an adult male.

…as a 240lbs / 6’ man, I need to take 3-6 tablets depending on the other 5-7 other controlled substances in the oral cocktail lol

Canadian generic Apo-Tex Diazepam 10mg tablets are freakn weak ass shit. Pathetic. Probably 8.87mg each

Spanish KERN brand Diazepam 10mg small un-scored light blue tablets with large 10 and tiny light speckles on the tablets, are POTENT AS F@CK. Just 3 Kern Diazepam 10mg tablets and my muscles melt into jello and mental & physical anxiety quickly melts away. That’s REAL Valium. Each tablet probably has 11.03mg. Seems insignificant, but when you’re taking 5 tablets you’ll feel it.

The Big 4 benzodiazepine. Each has their place to shine.

Clonazepam.. for epilepsy, seizures, anxiolytic & hypnotic
Lorazepam…significantly potent anxiolytic, rapid sedation
Diazepam…..hits every subunit, the Gold Standard
Alprazolam… highest abuse potential due to dopamine increase, potent anxiolytic / antidepressant effects

Diazepam due to its super long half life and active metabolites it’s the best tapering benzodiazepine
Delorazepam is also used in Italy
Diclazepam is a 200h half-life benzodiazepine with 3 active metabolites

This is the first time I'm hearing about 2 mg pills. I always had either 5 mg or 10 mg pills. But I can't imagine the withdrawal from 6 mgs of Valium a day being too intense. You will know if you go into withdrawal, you will most likely experience muscle spasms, shakes, eyes twitching, paranoia, sensitivity to lights and sounds you know that kind of thing. But doesn't Valium have a decently long half life, so if you go a day without it you probably won't notice much maybe just some rebound anxiety and panic.

You're not going to know until you try, is the honest answer.

Your dosage of Diazepam (Valium) and frequency of usage are what I would call reasonable. 2mg Diazepam is a small dosage unit. I'm not even sure you would experience significant withdrawal stopping cold turkey. Everyone is different though, so I don't like to give people unrealistic expectations.

If you're looking to use a Benzodiazepine only for acute settings, you might have better luck with a shorter-acting Benzodiazepine like Lorazepam (Ativan). Diazepam, for most people, is on the long(er) side in terms of its duration of action. This might be an issue to discuss with your prescriber. Perhaps you could try an approximately equivalent dosage for these acute issues and see how it goes.

At any rate, you're going to need to experiment and see what happens. If you try something out and you end up not feeling good, you always have the option of ending the experiment.

I was on a reduction and being dropped by 5mg per week, wasn't given any 2mg. Once I reached week 8 and the final script of 7 5mg tablets the following week I felt on edge but the withdrawals had gone. At the point you are it's more mental/in your head that you need it, know the difference with want and physically needing.
Be proud buddy your there now.
🙌👍

I have no panic disorders

I use 20 to 30 mg doses about 3 to to 4 days out of the week for two years straight now. Maybe one week per month I will abstain totally

I can stop for two weeks + and I get zero withdrawal.