• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium withdrawal

I dropped down from 40 to 15 mg rather easy compared to what it’s like now , 3 weeks ago I dropped from 10 to 5 mg and my question is how long should the tension and anxiety last ?

Withdrawal is tough. I found with suboxone I was able to go down to the lowest dose when I was pregnant easily enough, but going down to half a pill was too much. I was not able to get off entirely. It’s often the last bit that’s the hardest. With Benzos I. Sure you know you can’t quit cold turkey or you risk death. Tension and anxiety may last for weeks, I’m afraid. The worst part will be the first week. But once you’re off completely you will experience a lot of anxiety for an indeterminate amount of time. Depends on how long you were taking them and just how physically addicted you are. I’ve never been addicted to benzo but I’ve been hooked on heroin and the panic attacks lasted years.

Withdrawal is tough. I found with suboxone I was able to go down to the lowest dose when I was pregnant easily enough, but going down to half a pill was too much. I was not able to get off entirely. It’s often the last bit that’s the hardest. With Benzos I. Sure you know you can’t quit cold turkey or you risk death. Tension and anxiety may last for weeks, I’m afraid. The worst part will be the first week. But once you’re off completely you will experience a lot of anxiety for an indeterminate amount of time. Depends on how long you were taking them and just how physically addicted you are. I’ve never been addicted to benzo but I’ve been hooked on heroin and the panic attacks lasted years.
Thank you for your reply I found it very informative, I think I’m gonna have to find a shrink so I can get 2mg tablet, I have 10’s and I split them but for anything lower than 5 mg it’s kinda hard being accurate trying to shave a .5 mg at a time off of the split 10

The tension, anxiety comes in waves that I was really expecting but it’s doable, I just gotta adjust to the big drop I took in doses,

I will say nice work! Getting down to 5 mg is a huge accomplishment and you’re well on your way to being benzo free. I’d suggest going to 2.5 when you’re ready and then stopping all together a few weeks after that.

the tension and anxiety will probably come
And go for the next few weeks, but after you hit 30 days off of Valium it’ll just keep getting easier as your brain and body restore itself to normal levels.

beat of luck

I will say nice work! Getting down to 5 mg is a huge accomplishment and you’re well on your way to being benzo free. I’d suggest going to 2.5 when you’re ready and then stopping all together a few weeks after that.

the tension and anxiety will probably come
And go for the next few weeks, but after you hit 30 days off of Valium it’ll just keep getting easier as your brain and body restore itself to normal levels.

beat of luck
Thank you, hearing the Sid effects will last around a month is good news , I’m not really looking forward to doing this two more times so I may try to do a taper down to 1 mg and then just stop, I found that weed helps the withdrawal, it provides some temporary relief

Valium is luckily very mild, and wears off very quickly. At your doses, I do not think you shall have much trouble

Of course anxiety shall return if it was there before, however that is up to you to deal with since You made this decision

And you do not need 2mg tablets; 10mg Valium = .25-.5mg Clonazepam, so you do not need less than 1.25-2.5mg Valium - anything less than that is pharmacologically inactive and in your head. To give an example, 2.5mg Valium = .062-.125mg Klonopin

Good Luck