View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

valium - how long until acid?

TouchN' Stuff Blvd

Bluelighter
After taking a large dose of valium - maybe 45 - 60 mg over two days, how long should one wait to take a psychedelic like LSD in order to get full effects?

Since in your case you used it over a 2 day span, I'm pretty sure a day of it out of your system would do the job.
Dont quote me though ;)

With diazepam's huge half life (100 hours) it'll take a while to get out of your system. Even though the psychoactive effect is gone it'll be in your system for about a week.

To get the most out of your LSD and have a real trip I'd say wait til next weekend.

I've tripped while on benzos, it just dampens the anxiety (which can make the trip feel weaker) but
the effects are just as present, which if why I've always felt the idea of trip termination with benzos is a logical fallacy, it just calms down freaking out people.

With diazepam's huge half life (100 hours) it'll take a while to get out of your system. Even though the psychoactive effect is gone it'll be in your system for about a week.

To get the most out of your LSD and have a real trip I'd say wait til next weekend.

^ I'd go with this advice. Out of all the common benzos (diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, etc.) diazepam has the longest half-life. I take clonazepam 1.5mg nightly, and I've never noticed any diminished effects compared to before I was Rx'd the meds. But, if it's something you even think might dampen or have a negative effect on your trip, why not wait a week to be sure. It'd be a shame to waste good LSD.:)

Exactly, to be sure wait like at least 5 days, you need to get the low subtle levels out as well to feel the acid properly.
But I think the biggest - most significant - part of it will be gone about 2 days after you stopped taking it.

Yeah, the general consensus here seems about right - it's unlikely to have a big dampening effect after a day or two, but if you want to be sure the trip isn't diminished or altered at all, I'd give it closer to a week. In my experience, benzos certainly don't "abort" a psychedelic but the calming effect also tends to make peaks less weird or interesting - the result certainly feels like a more mild trip even if the visuals, body high, length, etc. remain about the same. It's less like eliminating or reducing the dose of the psychedelic you took, and more like keeping your mental state in a more calm, grounded state, whereas for me at least, peak experiences usually involve temporarily losing that sense of groundedness and 'having my shit together' mentally speaking while the really intense stuff happens. That's why they can be good to calm down a tripper who is freaking out, but also why they have a reputation for 'weakening' the experience, IMHO.

^^ I agree, but I feel that they would need to be noticeably active to really matter all that much.

^I once took acid 2 days after a medium dose of valium and had only the beginning of a trip, so I want to be careful.

I think I actually took somewhere around 225 milligrams (~45 pills, not mg lol), so this probably means I should wait a bit longer? I think I made the post during the haze so it was not quite clear.