• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Using phenibut again after 62 days off again question

Vlady321

Greenlighter
Hey guys just wanted to ask from experience should I wait longer or is 62 days sufficient enough to begin using phenibut again? My last dose was in November and I used 10 grams. I used phenibut mostly sparingly sometimes back to back with 5-7 gram doses and sometimes waited 14-20 days between uses. I never had withdrawals even when I took phenibut back to back. Just wanted to know is is over 2 months enough? And will starting with doses 2-4 grams should be effective?

That should be more than enough time to have let your tolerance go down. I think a lot of people have it every other week without much, if any, gain in tolerance, so you should be fine.

It should be. Although it certainly bears mentioning that 10 grams is an absolutely ridiculous dose; that's the equivalent of 40 capsules, which is something you don't realise when you're using it in powder form. Even 5-7 grams is excessive; the time you waited between doses and the fact that you were never using for too many days successively are probably the only things that spared you from withdrawal symptoms (which can get quite nasty, even if not as fiendish as benzos).

Your idea of switching down to a dose of 2-4g is definitely a good choice. If you're only going to be using phenibut occasionally, 4g should be fine; if you're looking to use it daily in a sustainable manner, you should generally be considering doses around 1.5-2g, and never higher than 3. Contrary to what a lot of people claim, phenibut can, at least in my experience, be used regularly and sustainably without problems, as long as you keep to reasonable doses.

^ that's something I learned the hard way as expounded on in the thread I just started. I wish I didn't have withdrawal but it's probably like benzos where some lucky people escape withdrawal for some reason.

I take 10 grams a day,I used my life circumstances as an excuse and chased the high. Contrary to some people's beliefs or experiences, I didn't notice a tolerance to the anxiety reducing effects of Phenibut at 3 grams a day. Tolerance to the all encompassing relaxing high, yes. I wish I hadn't been a fool. I take my entire 10 gram dose in the morning because high doses seem to exhibit the tolerance withdrawal phenomenon like benzos and I need the dose all at once to not feel bad at work.Phenibut seems to be very similar to benzos which make sense despite the fact one effects gaba a and the other b in that low doses can be therapeutic and high doses cause way more problems than the original issue. The worst part is I wake up at 3 in the morning every day as the Phenibut leaves my system.

Edit-I'll add that the withdrawal and taper symptoms are almost identical to what I experienced with benzos as well. I'm reducing by dose by 750 mg a week. I do it on the weekend so I can gauge the symptoms but it seems to peak on the third or fourth day despite the misleadingly short half life. My daily dose takes away most of the withdrawal symptoms within an hour or two but it takes 3 to 4 hours for the full effects of the dose to manifest so it's always worrying to me to go into work with my mind still filled with anxiety and my hands sweating hoping that the dose reduction won't be too difficult to handle at work. The anxiety I feel in the morning before my dose is probably the worst thing now that I think about it because some of those worries continues to weigh on my mind even after the dose kicks in. Fears that wouldn't have even been generated had it not been thanks to my mind not having enough gaba. This is actually the number one reason I want to give up all drugs. There's been several times where I felt confident and on top of the world and then after a drug binge old and new doubts creep into my mind and make it their home; it's insidious but at least I think I finally learned that lesson.

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks alot for your awesome and detailed advice. The weird thing is the closest thing i had to a withdrawal effect from phenibut was back in dec 2014 thats when i used 3-4 grams but used 3 or 4 times a week. I remember just kind of waking up and had more anxious thoughts about life. However the more I took phenibut the less withdrawal i had. Back in march of 2015 after not having phenibut for 42 days I tried it and it worked close to like it did when i first used, however in the summer i kind of abused on the weekends like saturdays and sundays using 4-5 grams. I did not have any withdrawals but my tolerance grew to the point that on nov 15 i used 10 grams before the party and did not feel any of the anti anxiety effects. I even drank about 10 shots of vodka that day and phenibut did not seem to make it stronger

I will go ahead and try it out again in a few hours il start with 3 grams and will only use it on the days i need it. Phenibut worked amazing on me for a job interview, I was cool and relaxed in front of 3 people and felt confident in answering questions. I got the job and used it on the first day..i bonded with my co workers and made an impression on my boss so even when im off phenibut now that impression stuck to him.