• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using microdosing to find LSD dosage per tab?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
So this past summer I came across some of the strongest LSD I've ever had. Have a good bit left and I decided to try the whole microdosing thing the other day.

I took 1/8th of a tab. And I think that may have been a bit much since I got quite high. No visuals but definitely a big body high, change in thoughts and difficult to interact with people I did not know. I remember sitting at my desk drinking my coffee, and just feeling the undeniable euphoria of LSD coursing through my body. Needless to say this was a bit of a failure in terms of a microdose considering the strength of effects I felt. Not sure if I'd try it again, just made me feel kind of mentally worn out and conflicted as I went about my normal day.

But, this made me think, if 1/8th of a tab produced most definite threshold effects, could that be a good way to hazard a calculation of how much is on each tab? Erowid has threshold listed as 10-20ug, knowing that I'd guess these tabs have at the very least 160ug on them. I took 4 of these suckers this summer but at that point I'm just tripping balls and theres no way for me to really make an guess as to the dose of the tabs since I don't really know definitively what X-ug dose feels like.

Obviously in higher doses its difficult to figure out the dosage since everyone perceives that differently, but with theshold, all you need to be able to discern is if you can feel anything at all rather than subjectively quantify the strength effects in terms of all the different facets of the psychedelic experience.

I guess the strategy would be like, take tiny fractions of a tab of LSD until you reach threshold effects meaning a dose of 10-20ug, and with some simple math, you can get a general idea of how much is on the tab. Right?

purpose of microdose?
sounds like a good 18mics dose to me.
learn to relax around the unclear feelings.
that's how I would use the opportunity

It's an interesting thought Hilopsilo, but it can't be very accurate due to some assumptions you make. You don't know if the tab is laid evenly, for one. Or if threshold dose is the same for every person. Then you have to rule out tolerance. That's just from the top of my head. There are bound to be other factors in play. Having said that, when you can clearly feel 1/8 of a tab it is definitely not weak.