• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using alcohol while detoxing

Enigmapeta

Greenlighter
Would someone tell me if drinking alcohol when I am coming off of heroin will help or make it worse. I am not an alcoholic and rarely drink.

I’m not a doctor, so I really can’t make that diagnostic but I will say alcohol may help you in the short term combat some of the anxiety with it, but I think it will make it worse in the long run. Especially if your going number 2 a lot.. combined with alcohol you may severely dehydrate yourself not to mention rebound depression when the alcohol wears off. Your best bet sadly is lots of water, vitamins as much healthy foods if possible and lots of sleep and time.

I used to use alcohol to come down from Crystal.

Eventually I became an alcoholic. Not saying this would happen to everyone, it's just an anecdote, but, I'd be careful. Benzo's would be less harmful on the system, but they can of course be addictive too.

As hard as it is, the best way to get clean is to wean down and tough through it. A doctor or clinic might help with meds for cramps, blood pressure, insomnia.

Insomnia was my least favorite part.

Hope you get through this. It gets better. I don't like 12 step approach but I went my first month this last time, it helped to talk to people.

I’m not a doctor, so I really can’t make that diagnostic but I will say alcohol may help you in the short term combat some of the anxiety with it, but I think it will make it worse in the long run. Especially if your going number 2 a lot.. combined with alcohol you may severely dehydrate yourself not to mention rebound depression when the alcohol wears off. Your best bet sadly is lots of water, vitamins as much healthy foods if possible and lots of sleep and time.

Agreed... Kratom and loperamide would probably be a better bet.

it will cause severe rebound anxiety as soon as the alcohol wears off like you've never experienced. i actually became psychotic during this rebound anxiety i didn't know what i was saying.

Alcohol is a pain in the ass to get acustomed to. Keep it that way. There is temporarely relief and a harse comedown which will make you crave better drugs or more of it.

Better to keep it out of the equation.

After relapsing on booze last night might I add that it is a horrible drug.

Especially the first day you will be greeted by a throbbing headache as you awake 2/ 3 hour's earlier then you anticipated. Unable to fall asleep laying in misery. Safe yourself from that torture. Keep up with the good stuff Enigmapeta. Wide awake but sober atm myself.

Last edited: