• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Use Of LSD On The Underage Brain

Well I do accept your apology, but I would just still like to point out for the sake of science that a link between the two has not yet been established, and brain studies do show that they are many ways opposite states
I posted a link which solves the argument we're having... not sure if you saw that.

indeed schizophrenia and LSD trips are different... that's not to say one cannot lead to another, and to conclude such at this point would be folly

you're making conclusions in an area that, I'm assuming, you have zero hands on experience with both in the condition and research based around it...

Last edited:
This might be pertinent... If you had used google
That doesn't really relate to anything, drug-induced psychosis relates much more to amphetamines than to psychedelics, and even then, it still doesn't mean they are correlated, just that psychotic symptoms from psychedelics sometimes progress to schizophrenia, but we are talking about "how many psychedelic users develop schizophrenia contrasted to non-using populations", which doesn't seem any higher, notice also that childhood trauma is probably the biggest predictor of schizophrenia, and it also correlates to drug use

drug-induced psychosis relates much more to amphetamines than to psychedelics
what led you to this conclusion? or are you simply saying psychosis is most common from stims?

but we are talking about "how many psychedelic users develop schizophrenia contrasted to non-using populations"
I thought we were talking about how you said my schizophrenia couldn't be from drug use. I had the impression that you were saying it was impossible, or that I was making it up. I think you're extrapolating a conclusion from statistical data that is wrong. (the data isn't wrong, but the conclusion is)

idk man, I'm over it. What happened to me is very complex so I'm probably not explaining it well. But I really am on the schizophrenia spectrum after a period of extreme stress which included excessive, repeated use of psychedelics. A neurologist really did label my diagnosis specifically as "drug induced schizophrenia". One thing led to another. There are many factors in what happened.

what led you to this conclusion? or are you simply saying psychosis is most common from stims?
Well the effects of high-dose amphetamines are much closer to traditional schizophrenia than psychedelic, and yes, also that psychosis is more common from stims.
I thought we were talking about how you said my schizophrenia couldn't be from drug use. I had the impression that you were saying it was impossible, or that I was making it up.
Oh no, just that schizophrenia and psychedelic usage aren't correlated (although they can in some, such as yourself)

Well the effects of high-dose amphetamines are much closer to traditional schizophrenia than psychedelic, and yes, also that psychosis is more common from stims.
How so? amphetamines are extremely well known to produce psychosis, not schizophrenia.. (?)

Oh no, just that schizophrenia and psychedelic usage aren't correlated (although they can in some, such as yourself)
I get what you're saying. I think we both may be right here, but I really think you may be jumping to conclusions based on what one statistical survey might suggest.

For example, the article I linked earlier may prove both of us right. Psychedelics cause psychosis. Psychosis can lead to schizophrenia. Which would make sense because there was a 3 day period of blackout psychosis bridging the drugs and the schizophrenia in my case.

How so? amphetamines are extremely well known to produce psychosis, not schizophrenia.. (?)
Well schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder, and are somewhat synonymous, schizophrenia my not even be a valid disorder (as you can have several schizophrenics with completely different symptoms), so distinguishing between different types of psychotic disorders is quite trivial
Psychedelics cause psychosis.
The article didn't say that, at all it said that psychedelics can trigger a psychotic episode. This seems to be more of the individual's propensity, since psychedelics are an intense experience. Nothing about them experientially resembles psychosis. Psychosis is much closer to dissociates and salvia (google "the dynorphin hypothesis of schizophrenia" for more) than it is to psychedelics, so I'd stay clear from those two

The article didn't say that, at all it said that psychedelics can trigger a psychotic episode. This seems to be more of the individual's propensity, since psychedelics are an intense experience. Nothing about them experientially resembles psychosis. Psychosis is much closer to dissociates and salvia (google "the dynorphin hypothesis of schizophrenia" for more) than it is to psychedelics, so I'd stay clear from those two
I have to agree to disagree. I'm also not sure what you're getting at.

Have you ever had a prolonged psychosis or schizophrenia yourself?

I don't think it's accurate to compare psychosis to dissos or salvia. From my personal experience.

Last edited:

I get what you're saying. I think we both may be right here, but I really think you may be jumping to conclusions based on what one statistical survey might suggest.

For example, the article I linked earlier may prove both of us right. Psychedelics cause psychosis. Psychosis can lead to schizophrenia. Which would make sense because there was a 3 day period of blackout psychosis bridging the drugs and the schizophrenia in my case.
I was once also diagnosed with "drug induced schizophrenia" however the only drug involved was meth.

I was once also diagnosed with "drug induced schizophrenia" however the only drug involved was meth.
That kinda proves my point? (Although I really had no point other than defending what happened to me as truth)

Drug Induced schizophrenia is incredibly vague and broad umbrella of causes and symptoms. Schizophrenia is quite diverse set of symptoms.

Hello bluelighters, I’m currently 16 and have taken lsd 5-6 times, the dose being 100ug to 275ug. I’m interested to hear about long term affects any of you have experienced. I would love to continue my use of psychedelics but I’m worried about long term cognitive decline. Most say a big worry is having a bad trip but I have had multiple bad trips and came out on the other side with just enough fascination as when I went in. I’m just unsure of the long term affects on the brain since there are few studies depicting this.

Thank you in advance for your replies

A lot of people misunderstand what an "underage brain" is, too. The brain does not finish developing until a person is 25.
I'd say occasional use isn't gonna hurt you (probably), but if you were to use it consistently, of course it will.
I didn't start drinking really heavily until I was in my late teens but I still have some brain damage and maladaptation because that was early enough.

Hello bluelighters, I’m currently 16 and have taken lsd 5-6 times, the dose being 100ug to 275ug. I’m interested to hear about long term affects any of you have experienced. I would love to continue my use of psychedelics but I’m worried about long term cognitive decline. Most say a big worry is having a bad trip but I have had multiple bad trips and came out on the other side with just enough fascination as when I went in. I’m just unsure of the long term affects on the brain since there are few studies depicting this.

Thank you in advance for your replies

Btw, if you have only used it 5 or 6 times and had "multiple bad trips", I'd strongly recommend stopping. It sounds like it isn't the drug for you.
Is it really worth taking a drug that often gives you a terrible time AND could fuck your brain up for good?

Have you ever had a prolonged psychosis or schizophrenia yourself?
No, but I considering the cognitive impairments associated with psychosis (that are btw, not present with psychedelics), I think this is one of those areas where expertise and experience are not correlated
I don't think it's accurate to compare psychosis to dissos or salvia. From my personal experience.
Well it certainly is, and far more than psychedelics, neurologically schizophrenia is characterized by both (among other things) NMDA hypofunction and dynorphin hyperfunction, which as you can probably see, are related to dissos and salvia. There's the glutamate hypothesis as well as the dynorphin hypothesis, look those up for more

No, but I considering the cognitive impairments associated with psychosis (that are btw, not present with psychedelics), I think this is one of those areas where expertise and experience are not correlated
This is an incredibly dubious suggestion to make as well as naively dismissive.

Let's get real here bro. You are not an expert, doctor, scientist or anything else qualifying. Nor have you ever had either condition we are discussing. What you ARE is just some guy who got high on drugs, read a few internet articles and formed some silly conclusions based on partial information and a general biased misunderstanding of psychosis/schizophrenia and probably drugs, too.

Last edited: