• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Use case question and the USA opioids epidemic

Embadger

Greenlighter
Hey could use some help here
I am a 33yr old mtf trans woman post op
I am on 10/325 Percocet for back pain every 6 hours.
I need a better option it gets me to high and the pain relief doesn't last long enough.
Also I can't take tramadol or tizadine.
Suggestions on better drug preferably prescription as my pain management Dr will write basically what ever

Have you tried breaking the Percocet in half and just using half?

ER morphine, ER oxycodone or ER hydrocodone (I think that exists now) is what you want. I’d try like ER morphine, at a low dose (10-30mg), but any ER med should avoid you getting high and should last longer. You could also try a longer acting opioid, but something like methadone would probably be overkill.

depends how bad your pain is

pretty much everything that treats pain well is going to get you high.

Oxycodone and hydrocodone are too short acting for constant pain IMO. I don't use opiates for pain management but i think extended release morphine would probably be your best bet. You should try talking to your doctor about this, because how well your pain is treated is dependent on how well you communicate with your doctor.

morphine extended release
oxycontin
buprenorphine
methadone is also pretty long lasting but very bad withdrawal
also kratom is easy to get and effective but also has a short duration. Semi-fine grind is a little better than the powder stuff.

All of the above suggestions and I would add some quality weed w cbd as well as thc for the pain relieving aspects of that also try saunas and yoga especially hot yoga

Ask your doctor to switch the Percocet to the oxycodone ER formulation of the same dosage per pil. It's possible you could get by with 20 mg as two pills dail from the sounds of your usage level