• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Urgent help with anxiety meds-None work

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
In desperate need of help here.

Suffered from anxiety for 16 years and tried almost every med. Current meds.....Diazepam 10mg, Clonazepam 0.5mg, Citalopram 40mg and Pregabalin 100mg. My Dad had a heart attack and I really want to visit him in hospital. The hospital is 12 miles away, I have not driven 12 miles for over 2 years, most I have managed is about 3 miles from home. What can I do medication wise to help me visit him?

Any help would be fantastic.

Talk to a doctor or medical professional about this. Maybe hire a cab or uber to drive you there? Or see if a friend can take you to the hospital? Or just look into relaxation techniques and drive to see your dad yourself? I mean you will be at a hospital or going to one so if you are worried that's not a bad place to go.

Not been able to get in someone else's car for about 4 years. Seems to be better when I am driving.....But....I get so far then panic attack so have to come home. I have read about stuff called Kava and also something called Etizolam, both meant to be effective although Etizolam seems to be faked a lot?

You can't get in a car without having an anxiety attack? Wow you have a serious issue there! Can you put on some music and close your eyes to distract you? If all else fails, maybe you can just call your pops, or maybe even Skype. Good luck bud.

- Hopeless Soul

You can't get in a car without having an anxiety attack? Wow you have a serious issue there! Can you put on some music and close your eyes to distract you? If all else fails, maybe you can just call your pops, or maybe even Skype. Good luck bud.

- Hopeless Soul

Thanks bud

Can you believe with all these meds and still cant go out! Pregabalin make me feel really strange, only been on them 10 days, not a nice feeling, thought that they were meant to be some miracle kind of drug! Anxiety/agoraphobia is just the worst :(

I don't know what state you're in, but have you tried medical marijuana? This has helped some people with PTSD and anxiety issues. Hope everything with your pops is well!

- hopeless soul

Kratom is an opiate different from anxiety meds. Etizolam is a thienodiazapine, which is similar in action to benzos yet structurally different. Sold by a lot of RC vendors, but is prescribed outside the US.

oh my god i am exactly the same, everytime i drive i take 10 mg of valium all at once, i do some opiates, i smoke about a half gram of dank, and i take 100-200 mg of lyrica, then if im falling asleep ill take 2.5-10 mg of adderall, get behind the wheel and drive fine, i can go 100 miles an hour or more for over a hour without crashing easily, im actually a great driver when i do all of the above, and if i get pulled over, they mention my small pupils, i say what small pupils, they ask to shine lights in my eyes, i refuse, they get but hurt, and i get a citation or something usually

but when i try to drive sober... i get behind the wheel, i start sweating, i get visions of me running people over, me hitting a tree head on, stuff like that, and my heart beats reallly really fast and i feel like im about to die, then i start the car, and im litterarly shaking as i do my best to drive, and i sweat all over, my pupils dilate, i go to the road, every car that comes near me makes me swerve in fear, the fear distracts me from whats, happening, i begin to pass out from sheer anxiety, i almost hit a car because i nodded out, police pull me over, sir why are you sweating, your pupils are dilated did you take any speed tonight, any crystal? sir put your hands behind your back, are you willing to do a sobriety test? no? are you sure? are you reallllly sure? ok......... can we
search your car? are you sure? are you sure? are you sure? heres a ticket for 300 dollars, you have a mideameanor on your record now,

OR if there really shitty and i accidentally agreed to sobriety test, GET IN THE BACK OF THE CAR AND PUT YOUR FUCKING HEAD DOWN WHILE WE RIP APART YOUR CAR, sir are these meds yours? is this your weed? it sure smells danky in here.... sir you are driving intoxicated, were gonna have to give you a dwi, and a possession of parapaphenalia, your going to jail, get to jail, start withdrawaling, start wanting to die, start threatening everyone i see, get moved into suicide cell with the padded walls cause i told them i want to die because i have no medicine, sweat, freeze, sweat and freeze at same time, puke puke shit puke, cant eat, water seems disgusting, try to sleep, wake up in literal puddle, cover self in toilet paper, realize afterward we only get one roll, continue for 2-7 days, get bailed out by parents

EDIT: i have a tolerance, if you dont, probaly shouldnt start off with those dosages

Last edited:
i just realized i didnt answer the question, at all.....
sorry about that, you could get your valium and lyrica dosage increased, valium up to 40 mg, and lyrica up to 600 mg, and you need some weed, if your looking for herbs, lemon balm and chamomille mixed is nice for anxiety

theres baclofen, phenibut, gabapentin, librium, clonidine, proponol, xanax, butalbital, buprenorphine, kava kava, kratom, amanita muscaria, san pedro cactus in low low doses, melotonin, CBD, weed edibles instead of smoking, ssris work for some, i enjoy sythetic weed for anxiety, codeine, phenobarbital, seconal(wishful thinking), ghb, soma, WEED, WEED, WEED, WEED, also marijuana, and dont forget a little cannabis, adderall

the kratom, adderall, san pedro, and especially the ssris and syth weed may make it worse immediately, you have been warned

and anyone in the world may have a paradoxical reaction to any medicine in the entire world, there is nothing that can not cause paradoxical reactions, for example, passing out drooling all over your desk in a coma like state unable to be awakened for more than 5-10 seconds for 8 hours from taking a 30 mg vyvance (thats me), or taking a xanax, and 20 mintues later seizing on the floor pissing yourself and having panic beyond your imagination, or simply get a stimulant high, and btw, i like adderall, and i react that way to vyvanse, which is levo dexamphetamine, adderall is dexamphetamine mixed with levoamphetamine, not much difference, you could be fine taking valium and clonopin, but have a seizure from another benzo, there is no way of telling how you will react to a drug, no way in the world, no guide, no doctor

Last edited:
btw DO NOT admit to taking ANY medication for the past 2 days if they pull you over, NONE AT ALL, thats a dwi, no matter how fucked it is, its illegal to do that, but the thing is, you take those meds, so there gonna be in your urine hair blood whatever, so they cant test you for it in any other way than a sobriety test, which you MUST refuse if you wish to keep your freedom, whatever they point out as signs of intoxication, deny deny deny, unless your seriously fucked up and drooling everywhere, at which point YOUR FUCKED, which you wont be if your taking the correct amount to be able to drive, so just act normal, dont let them search your car, dont let them search your pockets, dont say anything that is not necessary, anything you say WILL be used against you, and used to ruin you, they have the right to pat you down for weapons, they do not have the right to go in the pockets unless you say so, if you say no and you have a large bump, you will be handcuffed, dont worry, theyll come off soon, just play it cool, the correct answer is always NO I DO NOT CONSENT

when you pass police, do not look at them, do not pay attention to their cars, do not react, do not look for police cars as they may cause you to react, do not evade, drive the same direction, do not turn into a sidestreet or some shit, they may pull behind you, dont watch them, ESPECIALLY dont speed up or slow down, there watching you to see how you react, they look for all those things when looking for people to pull over, as long as you have no reaction eventually theyll take a turn or pull around you and go harass someone else

sorry i keep editing, i have memory problems
but also maintain your car, theyll use a broken tail light, a missing rear view mirror, expired plates, whatever they fucking can, to pull you over, and kindly tell you about said tail light, and proceed to do their best to get you into a jail cell ASAP

be polite to them, when they shine flashlights in your car(looking for bongs or anything illegal, whepons, drugs, money, which gives them probable cause, which means they can search you and and your car without consent) dont react, just keep looking the officer whos talking to you in the eyes, and act normally, dont ask questions, end the situations as soon as possible without doing anything abnormal, keep both hands firmly on the TOP of the steering wheel, do not move around and grab things, stay still, put your hands out the window where they can see em if thats more comfortable, dont make them nervous, they may think your reaching for a gun or trying to swallow drugs, when talking to them, they will ask you to do things, and you probaly will eventually have to move your hands, when you do, explain what you are about to do, make sure it is ok, then do it SLOWLY, fast movements make them draw tasers and guns and tell you to get the fuck out of the car

when you act that way it makes their job easier and much less stressful, politeness (but not submissive) makes them more likely to let you off with a warning, police have to deal with people running, people pulling weapons, people taking 100 extasy pills at once, being cussed at, puked on by some drunk bitch who probaly had some jizz in the puke, they are bit by sick people and contract HIV and other diseaes, being threatened, there rarely treated nice at all, they will appreciate the kind and easygoing attitude, and someone who will follow directions without arguing or resisting, and people who atleast act like they care about the cops fear of getting a bullet to the face, its a stressful job, make it easy on them, theyll make life easier for you, know your rights, so they cant screw you over, cause some of them just plain are not nice at all, and like hurting people

Last edited:
The pregabalin will take a few weeks before you 'settle in" to it's effects. At first it can be horrible wobbly vision and legs coupled with increased anxiety. I can take 600mgs and not even feel it, but I remember calling in sick to work before I was comfortable driving on it.......but, I get milder but similar issues due to PTSD. I can only suggest that when you've driven towards Dad and your mental health issues occur that you pull over preferably into some shops and get out and do your de-stress exercises like deep breathing etc, maybe this way you can make it the whole way.

Other great suggestions above me too! Take care.

I think you're making a bigger deal in your head about riding with someone like in Uber. I prefer Lyft car service instead. I exaggerated not being able to do it in my mind, but I downloaded the app, added a card and requested a service. You put in where you are and exactly where you're going to. They were at my house in like 3 minutes. Just get in the backseat and you'll be fine. Sometimes they make a little small talk and I hate small talk, but it's not so bad, then you'll be able to see your dad. It's really easy.

Using Uber or Lyft (preferably Lyft) sounds like a much better solution for you since you're freaked out about driving. Then get Lyft on the way back home from the hospital and you're all set! You can do this. It only works if you download the app and put your debit or credit card in so hopefully you have that at least.

Thanks for all the helpful replies so far :)

Forgot to say.....Been on diazepam at 10mg everyday for the past 16 years, clonazepam everyday for the past 5 years, Citalopram for 10 years and Pregabalin for about 9-10 days. Also....I am in the UK. Getting diazepam off the Dr is easy, as is Pregabalin and Citalopram.....But he does not want to give me Clonazepam now as here in the UK it has now been stopped for anxiety disorders.

Interesting about Pregabalin making anxiety worse for the first few weeks before it gets better. Makes me feel kind of 'floaty' and spaced out, kind of not even with it.

^Pregabalin is a weird drug man and we're the same in Oz, Dr's throw the stuff at me, valium kinda the same but you must build trust. Funny, my sub Dr remembers when alprazolam was the drug they wanted all the valium users to switch over to....that backfired but not on those with the patent at the time I suppose.

I was so happy when the Dr put me on Pregabalin as if you put into Google 'Pregabalin and anxiety' there are heaps and heaps of threads/pages about people saying how amazing it is and how they were almost cured from anxiety within 2 days......This is not the case for me, just makes me feel weird with no anxiety relief.