• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc UPDATE: Distressed friend who took my stash

stationdragon

Greenlighter
Hi people,

I'm so sorry for the late update on this for those of you who were worried about the outcome of this situation I found myself in that I posted about the other day.
I went to update on the thread a moment ago which I discovered has since been closed, it probably didn't go down well with the moderators and for that I am also sorry, I was in a panic for my friend and was scrambling for advice quickly.

Basically a very distressed friend came to mine in a terrible state and after she left I discovered that she had taken my entire stash of codeine and benzos, according to posters on the original thread, easily enough to kill.

Well I'm happy to say she was found alive and...well, not well (as in her state of mind) but she hadn't taken the pills, I just think it was a very desperate cry for help because she wasn't too hard to track down, otherwise I believe she would have gone somewhere to disappear.

Sadly, as I'm sure you can imagine, I did not inform the police that the stash was mine and there was no chance of it being returned to me anyway, so that has probably since been incinerated.

The reason for my late update on this is that I have been going through withdrawal hell as a result of this. But to be honest I've only been abusing this stuff for a few weeks so I'm sure it could have been much, much worse if I was a longtime addict.
This incident has really opened my eyes and despite the agony I've been through these last few days I couldn't be happier to be off them now. I'm still suffering some withdrawal but I believe I'm over the worst of it and I don't intend on building up another stash like that again because once I lost my inhibitions then anything was on the cards.

Most importantly is that my friend is now safe and getting all the help she needs, I'd have gone through what I have in these last days 100 times over as long as the outcome for her remained the same, to me that is far more important than the great deal of money I'd spent on these things and having the option to keep using.

I had my fun, but I burned out real quick, these drugs are great when you're on them but your worst enemy when you're off them and now I'm through the worst of it, I'll call it a experiment and the results are in. I won't be going back down that road.

Back to less legal but safer compounds.

To those of you who read, commented and were worried at the time, I hope this has eased your mind somewhat to have the situation finalised.

Thank you for all your advice and be well, each and every one of you.

Stationdragon

You're a good friend, she must be pretty. I'd be forced to do some scary things to the fucker that steals anything from me ESPECIALLY my medicine cabinet. A crime punishable by death under my dictatorship no doubt, in fact under my regime like Maggie Thatcher didn't trust men with moustaches I would be suspicious of any person that didn't have a stash of something obviously this comes down to education...I would ask for a comprehensive investigation and then presentation to help me understand that some folks just don't like taking drugs, I'd struggle with the idea but all things considered I may not issue arrests of those people. Tough decisions at the top.

Thanks for the update.
I'm really glad she's alright and you truly are a true friend! You did the right thing and she should be glad to have someone like you.

You're a good friend, she must be pretty.

Ugh, pretty friends are the worst, they really are

I've broken friendships over disputes regarding drugs/money before. This story sounds like you got ripped off OP, and I definitely would stop associating myself with someone who'd ripped me off...it was more the principle of the thing than anything else. Generally I tried to not hang out with any users who I thought would be a guest of mine and actually steal things from my home, but...

Ya...I was recently(2 days ago) ripped off from someone I never thought would do it to me. ALWAYS able to leave my meds sitting right next to them and nothing was EVER taken. We alsways let each other know if we took each others meds(like a couple or something) or would just ask... well a buncha xanax and some vvynase came up missing. This has been a CLOSE friend of mine for 4 year now, have known for 10. Friend/running buddy...it broke trust, and really hurt my feelings hoonestly.