Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Upcoming TV

True Detective was pith. It was heart, substance, nub, core, quintessence, crux, gist, meat, kernel, marrow. It left me feeling nourished.

Supposedly it gets weirder in further episodes.

I liked it very much.

It started to hit home for me when the Matthew McConaughey character downs a whole bottle of cough syrup on his way to investigate the friends of the murdered hooker. That was really unexpected, and it made him seem very unique, even real.

I'm guessing it was codeine cough syrup and not DXM because afterwards he's very relaxed and affable and very very un-coplike. If it had been DXM, he'd likely be a paranoid, tangential mess.

Excellent. I have it on my HDD just gotta find the right frame of mind to sit back and watch it

I too haven't watched the premiere episode, yet. I'm gonna catch it before episode 2 tomorrow.
Really happy to hear people liked the premiere.

I read that it's going to be similar to AHS in that from season to season the story and cast is going to mostly turn over. Just the base outline of the subject matter will remain.

Sooo... You didn't like it?

Pith/pithy sounds like a negative noun/adjective doesn't it? It's not but it kinda does.

Last edited:
^Oh. Haha.
That makes much more sense. I was trying to puzzle it out but I prolly should have gone with my initial interpretation instead of, 'Maybe he thinks "pith" sounds like "pfffff" and as a result is negative.'
Yeah...

Ummm... The Walking Dead comes back on February 9th.

pith sounds like piss with a lisp

I just mean that the show seems to get it, seems to know what entertainment is meant to be. The viewer is so accustomed to the usual diet of clichés that when something truly unique comes along, one remembers that TV can be an artform, not just a pastime.

I suppose it could be accused of being pretentious. That bothers some viewers. I didn't get that sense though.

The theme song is definitely pretentious:

Last edited:
True Detective is going to need its own thread shortly, I think. I'm such a McConaughey fan (I mean, Failure to Launch?!) and I like the thought of him and Woody teamed up together. I don't have any idea what else happens in the show, but I liked the first episode a lot.

I have nothing to add, as per usual.

I need to contact the actress that plays Woody Harrelson's mistress. It is vitally important that we talk:

^^ Saw two men working a gold cradle when I clicked on the link - sold already.

Robb Stark and Tim Roth are in it. Positives, IMO.
I'm getting tired of Discovery's gold-centric programming but Klondike looks like it might be good.

Many premieres this week. Tonight, The Americans. Tommorow, Vikings and The Red Road. Friday, Hannibal.

Radio ads for Vikings feature vocals from, guess who, . . .

Rihanna! I'm serious.

Does anyone want to watch The Red Road after seeing this trailer? It's either a crappy series or one of the worst trailers I've seen:

Today I learned Jason Momoa is married to Lisa Bonet.

Many premieres this week. Tonight, The Americans. Tommorow, Vikings and The Red Road. Friday, Hannibal.

Radio ads for Vikings feature vocals from, guess who, . . .

Rihanna! I'm serious.

FML

No downloading for me, I just became homeless - just weeks after the internet got upgraded to unlimited downloads too :!

FML

No downloading for me, I just became homeless - just weeks after the internet got upgraded to unlimited downloads too :!

Really? Are you, like, sleeping outdoors?

Apparently it's not Rihanna singing in the Vikings ad. Still, the music is not Viking at all. It's something I might hear while peaking into an aerobics class. I guess they're trying to court female viewers: