• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Unusually brown black tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufuscornpone

Greenlighter
Hey fellow Bluelighters,

I used to live in the fictional town of Northwest Corner, USA. Those days, I had a monkey on my back of the opiate variety. Typically, I ran across standard black tar that varied in texture from annoyingly sticky/gummy to so hard that it required a knife to chip into consumable pieces. Products consistenly had a vinegary smell that ranged from faint to strong. A number of friends supplied me during my time in said dying logging town. These friends were almost exclusively white, but always one step removed from a Mexican who went by a nickname that sounded a bit silly when translated into English.

One time, I scored off a connect who hailed from a distant land that, to my knowledge, Spain has never controlled. The substance looked like a brown powder in the bag, but, when poured onto a plate, seemed to suck in moisture from the air and turned into little clumps of black tar with tiny pieces of brown/orange crystals attached to the tar like satellites. I called my guy and he assured me that it was the same ol' tar, only a little bit stronger.

I am a dragon-chaser at heart, so I smoked up one of the clumps (didn't weigh it out, but would guesstimate somewhere around 1-2 points) on a piece of foil and, within 10 minutes of rather leisurely smoking, nodded off right there at my desk. The smoke was harsher than normal and left an acrid taste in my mouth, but the high was far more potent than I had grown accustomed to. It took me back to my first days of indulging in this habit. It had something awfully damn close to a weak IV rush, and legs strong enough to keep my appetite under control for an hour or two longer than usual.

Despite my love for smoking, I was known to pick up a needle from time to time. When I did, I always used fresh works, never shared a thing, and indulged within my own home after sterilizing a space. That said, I didn't really care for the little crystal buggers and had no interest in finding out what designs they may have had on my veins. A day after my smoking experience, I separated the black bits and the crystal bits by hand, cooked up and shot a little under a point. I registered cleanly and without issue, yet I experienced a rush only marginally more powerful than I had from smoking the day before. The legs were equally unimpressive. I continued a combination of smoking and shooting the product over the following couple of weeks and got consistent results. All in all, when IV'ed (sans crystals) the product was clearly inferior to the standard black tar (which, having lived up and down the major cities of the Northeast, know is woefully inadequate when compared to the white-as-a-Fortune 500-Executive powder found in said cities) that I had been receiving, but delivered consistently above-par smoking experiences. I never had the guts to shoot the brown/orange crystals, but performed the most rudimentary of experiments on them. Some observations:
  • The crystals very slowly and incompletely in a small amount ice-cold water, but dissolved easily when the water was heated with a standard bic lighter
  • The crystals exhibited no bubbling reaction when mixed with water and a pinch of baking soda. In contrast, when a little bit of the black was added to the solution, some bubbling occurred (though this occurred to a much smaller degree than when the same experiment had been conducted in the past with the standard BTH that I had procured)
  • The crystals did not dissolve at all in isopropyl alcohol (91%, room temperature)
  • When placed onto foil and heated with a standard bic lighter, the crystals melted quickly, released smoke, but did not slide at all. The heated product smelled intensely like burned food, but was very different from, say, the more distinctive smell of burned plastic or hair.
  • The crystals had no discernable taste. The black was extremely bitter (as has been any BTH sample that I have come across) and the little bits of black still attached to the crystals were enough to overwhelm any indigenous taste.

I never did gather up the courage to IV the crystals, and always took special care to separate them out the best I could before dissolving and shooting.

My question for this forum is whether or not anyone else has encountered a product that matches the description above. If so, did you ever inject it? Any theories as to what the crystals might be?

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Friends,

Bumping, bumping, bumping. Though described in the past tense, this issue is actually a bit pressing as such a product could show up again very, very soon.

I am sure one of you has encountered what I am talking about among your many combined years of abuse. I am truly desperate for your help. Spare a word, save a life, you know.

You are going to have to post a picture, I can not picture in my head WTF you are describing.

I have had similar experiences, tar that ranged from gummy and opaque black to rock hard light brown or even reddish translucent shit that shatters when compressed. I always assumed it had less moisture/ was a tad more processed. It definitely packs more punch by weight, in my experience, anyway. I only smoke it so I cant say anything on the IV subject.

We don't allow speculative substance ID. Get them tested professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.