View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

unknown chemical sold as blotter lsd leads to pain and confusion

monsterwits

Greenlighter
This past weekend I attended a festival known as WEMF. I mainly went there for a few specific performers and a bit of debauchery. Untrusting of pills today and their fluctuating potencies I brought my own MDMA as well as mushrooms and of course marijuana. That Friday night consisted of consuming all the above substances and adding a little ketamine to the mixture that was acquired from friendlies. No one I truly wanted to see was coming on that evening so I was mostly running around admiring the light shows and the all consuming bass. My fun eventually ended with some sleep near dawn.
The next day, granted the previous night's festivities, I was a bit groggy but well aware of my lack of hallucinogens. I discussed this with my friend who attended the event with me and we agreed to keep our ears open. Not too much later my friend heard "acid" in a conversation very near to us and I poked my curious head into it. I admit from that point until consumption after purchase I was naive with excitement. I've attended many other festivals and sometimes had problems with pills but hallucinogens had been pretty solid and there isn't many other compounds that are strong enough to be sold on blotter. We followed "Bobby" back to his campground where I hastily bought five hits of the supposed acid. He was friendly and continuously smoked marijuana with me and gave me beer while we chatted for a bit. In retrospect Bobby mentioned that he had done acid before but that this stuff was "very strong" and that he wouldn't recommend taking more than two hits. Being an abuser of acid in the past I kind of chuckled and decided I was eating all five and some MDMA. I suppose common sense and perhaps instinct started leaking into my mind and a few hours later I had decided to ingest only three and no other drugs besides marijuana perhaps Bobby's meth scarred looking teeth were chewing at my doubts and they were confirmed moments after ingestion when Bobby came by and asked how many I ate and looked rather surprised when I said three because two had been too much for him. I immediately asked him about his visuals and his description lacked the complexity and intricacy of those on LSD.
It was then that I decided I had taken some other psychedelic research chemical and having multiple experiences with a wide variety of them I quickly concluded that it would be different from what I was expecting but easily controlled by my mental control. I dropped at roughly 1730 and didn't feel the slightest of effects until almost three hours later. Lights seem to flicker more and become more and less luminescent at the same time. Very subtle hallucinations seemed to play off patterns and motion unlike the inky melting of acid. Feelings of introspection did not form and a heavy body load started to weigh on me. I had fits of uncontrollable laughter that seemed to contort my face and tighten my chest and at around 2100 on our way down to see the performer we had been waiting the whole weekend for my legs muscles started to weaken and tremble. People's movements seemed jerky and angry. There motions seemed on some fast forwarding loop where there bodies would move at a rapid pace and then be back in the same position as I originally observed. Several times I tried to dance but found my muscles very tight, shaky, and not very responsive and found myself sitting down and standing up repeatedly. The increase in musical perception was absent but the performance more than made up for it and kind of hid the unease I was beginning to feel. We left the festival immediately after Noisia's set.
It was approximately a four and a half hour drive home but the persistence of fast time made it seem like a fraction of that despite my looking at the clock every ten minutes and I remember demanding of my friend that he stop so that I could smoke a bowl. I still felt really tense but bearable and for the most part pretty sober. I drove his car to meet him at the rental place when we got back and when he dropped me off at home I felt wide awake and weird but alright.
I took a shower.
I smoke some more.
I have a bite to eat.
I go lay down.
Walking to my room from the bathroom after brushing my teeth I notice my mouth tastes like chemicals (the same taste when I ate the blotter a very pungent chemical one) and suddenly it's burning. In my bed I close my eyes and notice my heart sounds like it's struggling. Short hard beats and the fire that's in my mouth seems to shoot down to my heart. There is much tension and pain in that area and I'm writhing in my bed. I call my friend and he immediately picks me up but I tell him go to his house because I'd like to save myself the embarrassment (and its consequences). I'm laying on his hardwood floor rubbing my face in the dirt moaning and squirming desperately trying to keep track of my heart rate and he keeps asking me if I need to go to the hospital. Xanax and heroin withdrawals and stopping my heart momentarily on methamphetamines were both excruciatingly painful experiences but had nothing on the way my body was contorted with pain. It felt like I had been injected with bleach and hooked up to the electric chair simultaneously but I keep telling my body a bit longer because I'm too lost in pain to get off the floor. He forces water and bed on me and I flop around in pain until twenty hours after ingestion have passed. Near the end the pain's focus shifted from my heart to my kidneys and there are a few distressing symptoms. No longer incapacitated I walk home feeling as if I very nearly died. My organs are sore and still have a lot of pressure on them and I haven't been able to sleep at all since then and it's now almost 48 hours later. I've been tossing and turning and colder than normal. I feel like even after these chemicals have dissipated it's poison will leave its indelible mark on my organs as they feel ravaged and old.
I know it was a stupid mistake on my part but please don't pass research chemicals off as something that they are not. The lethal dosage of acid is infinitely greater than these newer chemicals many of which have very little margin for error. If I had taken even another hit or mixed it with MDMA I feel like I could very well be dead today. I still have two hits that I'd like to identify so that I can stay as far away from that compound as possible and am seriously contemplating going to the doctor if I'm still unable to sleep tonight and the pain in my heart and kidneys continues.

Any comments, questions, and or suggestions are welcome. Especially if you know where I can test this poison I ate

I dropped at roughly 1730 and didn't feel the slightest of effects until almost three hours later.

Sounds like a DOx to me

but it's impossible for us to know what you took.. High doses of an DOx will make you feel terrible, atleast in my experience it has

You took a lot of drugs and probably did way too much DOB/DOI, you'll be fine in a week or so if you get good rest and food, and manage to not worry about brain damage or permanent effects (of which there should be none).

A drug delivered on blotter, causing muscle tension/restlessness/speeding heart and lots of hallucinations, with slow onset, matches the "signature" of compounds like DOI (4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-amphetamine). They have been known to be sold on blotter and to be unpleasant in overdose.

I agree, selling DOB or other phenethylamine blotters as LSD is irresponsible. You could buy an EZ-test kit and try to figure out what they are, but a better option is to hold on to them and do one at a time if you want to experience DOI/DOB properly.

Maybe BromoDragonFLY ? I had taken DOI up to 6-8mg with no side effects except a heavy bodyload, but nothing to worry with the heart :\ Well dunno...

I think this experience effectively eliminated my interest in this family of psychedelic. I have two hits maybe one for the EZ test kit and one for some other poor soul to try.

Not too worried about my brain since I was born with it working this way. Hospital visit did find a previously undetected heart murmur but the constricting pains on my organs are otherwise inexplicable besides the chemical working its way out. Here I am 57 hours later still unable to sleep so I'm taking a diazepam in hopes I'll feel better upon waking.

What was the print on the blotter? and what were they called? I know that there is one online vendor selling DOI on Hoffman bicycle print blotter.

I just came back from the Ozora festival in Hungary, and I got one blotter there myself which did not contain LSD. it tasted extremely bitter! I`m pretty sure it was some tryptamine though, so it was kind of harmless. First effects in less than 15 minutes, different visuals, very short lived.
Rest of the acid I got there was fine though :)

it was called "Maya", and it actually looked kind of suspect.

Last edited:
Especially if you know where I can test this poison I ate

I'm not sure if you know anyone in the Netherlands but there's testing facilities for drugs that are anonymous and I have experience with the fact they test LSD too. They are capable of finding DOx's and bromo-dragonfly and will even mention the dose. Doing this is free and anonymous, but you'd need a way to get your blotter to the Netherlands. Not sure if this advice helps.

I think this experience effectively eliminated my interest in this family of psychedelic. I have two hits maybe one for the EZ test kit and one for some other poor soul to try.

Aye, understandable. :( Sorry to hear that though. People who sell RCs as LSD are douchebags.

When Shulgin invented the first of the DOx series, it ended up on the streets being sold at about five times its maximum dose. This led to a lot of people in hospital, and a lot of people vowing never to touch the stuff again. It's a shame, because at a proper dose it's apparently a pretty good experience.

I certainly do plus I have her mailing address. Perhaps I'll ask her if she would do that sort of thing for me. Thanks for the advice.

It was some weird painting of the world and oddly enough he called it a "Mayan Calendar" blotter though it looked nothing like it. It was also extremely bitter. Oddly similar but likely unrelated seeing as how yours was a rather mild experience.

I'm still down to try other RC's as long as I know what they are and where they are coming from but even at a lower dosage I think my body would reject it give me any other experience and I'm down.

It was some weird painting of the world and oddly enough he called it a "Mayan Calendar" blotter though it looked nothing like it. It was also extremely bitter. Oddly similar but likely unrelated seeing as how yours was a rather mild experience.
Yes, it does sound similar. Mine was small, just a little bit smaller than most regular blotter. The paper was glossy, which was also kind of weird, and it didn´t feel like the same kind of paper most blotters are made of. It was black with some maya style doodle/spiral in the middle, in some red, green and maybe blue colors, not totally sure about which colors the doodle had.
The backside was just plain white, as far as I recall.

I just found out that the symbol is called Hunab ku. Just use google pictures if you´re interested to see it. I can´t seem to get the posting of pictures to work today......

it´s possible it came from the same lab/people, but just with different RC´s inside. well, what ever, we will probably never know.

Hope your getting some sleep, and feel better today :)

That really sucks man, hope you're feeling better. Just to add some input, my guess would be that it was DOB, especially since you said it was extremely bitter. I know lots of people are mentioning DOI but in my experience DOI is pretty safe, I know lots of people who've dosed pretty high on it and I myself have taken up to 10 blotter hits of it with no lasting physical side effects whatsoever. Also about the STP pills (the DOM "overdose" pills from the '60s), I know some older hippies who took them during that whole fiasco and didn't go to the hospital and were perfectly fine. The hospitalizations were all for non-fatal overdoses, they were mainly just freaking out and probably pretty stimulated. My guess would be that you took DOB mainly because it's the only DOx I can think of that would be able to have the kind of side effects you mentioned and only last about 16-17 hours, and from only three hits. It wouldn't have been bromo-dragonfly because if you took three hits you would have still been tripping 36-48 hours later.