• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Universal Credit - Anyone on it yet?

Bankers pay dropped 70% last year & bloke with 35 A levels is now trying to get a job in banking with no luck
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/146235/meet-the-cambridge-graduate-with-35-a-levels-who-wants-your-finance-job/

If you really want to go after someone go after the people who own construction companies who are in cahoots with dave cameron and his social engineering projects to drive people out of council housing and housing associations and let their mates take over the properties and sell/rent them instead of letting nurses and teachers live in them

these people are damaging society far more than bankers

you do know that an average bankers salary in the city of london is actually Less than a qualified electrician working in canary wharf dont you?

If you really want to coin it become a locksmith and base yourself in canary wharf, its steady income as bankers often lose their keys or entry cards whilst pissed

N your a banker ha!

yOU WANT TO SEE what is going on in my life. i'm on the fukin grind man really:|

Its easy to blame bankers
Lenin blamed speculators as well
its not a new thing
the real problem lies with the fact that this govt and the one before it was/is in love with cheap immigrant labor

15 yrs a go a 18 yr old lad outta high school could get his job at tkmaxx/wilkinson/tesco etc

now some of these companies will only hire eu immigrants ( putting my tin foil hat on for a min its cos of kickbacks the recruitment firms get)
nobody blamed hedge funds when they were around since the 50's now they are open season

people need to stop blaming the bankers and start looking at the people in power who are distorting the labor markets for their own means

A bigger migration means less inflation for the govt and thats the bottom line for them
http://www.economicsuk.com/blog/000585.html

Last edited:
I wouldnt target a banker because he was rich. I wouldnt expect my demands for freedom to be met anyway. Id choose one because they perform a fundamentally evil function, and it is their fuck up that started the war on the poor and vulnerable. Im dead anyway if I get cut off, so may as well go quickly and productively than starve to death slowly.

Does anyone here really think that a poor person cut off from chance to live is just going to die slowly and painfully when surrounded by rich people who think its all a bit of a laugh?

Last edited:
Bankers perform he exact same thing as property developers and old people do

speculation

shall we also shoot every old fart who using his first mortgage bought another house and fucked the younger generation out of the chance to move onto the property ladder?

Hey why not? This isnt exactly a country where people care one jot about each other. Its a totally broken society. I have never known a country whose people are so keen to screw each other over. And the pain caused to other countries over the years. Even families here wish negativity and slavery on their own offspring! Zero morals, zero human rights, greed is this shit holes only 'value'.

The build up to this is just getting better and better by the day ...

Universal Credit staff describe chaos behind scenes of flagship Tory reform

DWP employees criticise environment of poor management and high stress in leaked internal survey​

Staff working on the biggest shakeup of the welfare state in its history have described the project as "soul-destroying" and "unbelievably frustrating", with some saying they are under so much pressure that they can only engage in "firefighting and panic management".

A leaked internal survey of scores of Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) employees working on the government's flagship Universal Credit programme describes an environment of poor management and high levels of stress. Labour said the survey was "utterly damning".

Universal Credit (UC) – the brainchild of Iain Duncan Smith, the work and pensions secretary – seeks to streamline and integrate benefit payments for millions of claimants. It is a huge IT project that has been hit with a number of setbacks in recent months.

Interim results of the staff survey selected by the DWP's business change director and distributed back to staff last week were mainly negative. One civil servant writes of "a near complete absence of anything that looks like strategic leadership in the programme". Another says: "There is a divisive culture of secrecy around current programme developments and very little in the way of meaningful messages for staff or stakeholders explaining what will happen and when."

Taking a direct swipe at managers, another civil servant says: "I have never worked somewhere where decision making was so apparently poor at senior levels … and communications from that level was totally nonexistent. This programme should be a case study for how not to engage with your people to get the most out of them."

In an email to programme staff on 23 July, the business change director, a senior civil servant, admits that the initial findings from the survey revealed that there was "much room for improvement".

"We received some very honest comments, which is exactly what we need if we are truly going to address your concerns and make things better … Many comments focused on communication – colleagues were unclear about both their role and future plans for UC. There were also a significant number of comments about senior leadership and the culture within UC.

"Clearly there is much room for improvement and we are starting from a pretty low base. However, without this honesty it would be much harder to tackle positively and move forward. With your help we will do all we can to make Universal Credit the great place to work that we all want it to be."

The report found that 68% of employees responded to the survey. The highest ratings came from staff who said they were "treated fairly and without discrimination". However, the lowest ratings were given when staff were asked if "senior leaders listen to my concerns and act on them" and "I understand the programme vision for UC and what success looks like".

Comments included: "After 29 years of service this has been the most soul-destroying work I have done," and: "There is too much dishonesty and no one ever admits to making a mistake."

Another said: "This is the third review in 16 months, no rollout plans, no confidence in going forward and stakeholders losing confidence in our ability to deliver."

One respondent to the survey complained that stress was damaging people's health.

The shadow employment minister, Stephen Timms, said: "These testimonies from the heart of the Universal Credit programme are utterly damning. No strategic leadership, no plan, no idea. The scheme is in chaos.

"The truth is Universal Credit is in crisis and everyone knows it. It's time for Iain Duncan Smith to admit this project is in deep trouble, come clean about how bad things are, and ask for help, because if things stay as they are this flagship will sink – taking hundreds of millions of pounds of public money with it."

Mark Serwotka, general secretary of the PCS union, which represents 80,000 civil servants in the DWP, said: "Universal Credit is defining Iain Duncan Smith's time as work and pensions secretary, lurching from crisis to crisis and showing the failings in the government's obsession with ideology over proper investment and support for people who are out of work. The views of the staff could not be clearer and they really must be listened to."

The DWP acknowledged that its staff had raised important issues and said that a new management team had been put in place following the death of Philip Langsdale last year.

A DWP spokesperson said: "Universal Credit is in a new phase following the successful early launch in Greater Manchester and the announcement of how the new benefit will roll out across the country from October.

"A new management team with clear strategic leadership is in place led by Howard Shiplee, one of the UK's leading experts in delivering major projects including the Olympic Park. As a part of this, we are working with staff to understand the issues they were facing, just as any responsible employer would."

In April the department announced that the national launch of UC would be limited to a few hundred users in one small claimant district in the north-west of England. Then in the following month a Cabinet Office review of all major Whitehall projects put an "amber-red" warning on UC – designating it as a project in danger of failing.

Duncan Smith defended the more limited rollout process, claiming that the government was learning from Labour's mistakes and wanted to build up user volumes slowly and carefully.

The next step for Iain Duncan Smith will be to bring back the workhouse for the poor and disabled.
Cunt!

yes Max, but only because it's fair that the poor and disabled have equal opportunities, and also fair that the working classes get the opportunity to work.

It's all about being fair and creating opportunities, see?

[/Iain Duncan Shit SPIN]

NOt yet but i have just sent back my ESA50 form .

It was a nasty form full of loaded questions . I did my best With the help of my psychotherapist n my Ma.

Problem is i have a feeling that it won't even get read & i will be sent 4 a medical . I made provisions for that though by saying that i wasn't willing to attend one but they are welcome to come & vist me .

How long is the waiting list for form processing, brimz?

bet it's ages. the amount of these they must be doing is huge and they're well under-resourced apparently.

Is it better for you if they take longer with it?

Breaking news:

Work and pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith says he is to miss deadline to ensure all existing and new benefit claimants will be on Universal Credit by 2017. More details soon …

Bwhahaha! Oh, what a surprise. Oh what a fuckwit.

T'has just come up on The Guardian's news feed. Can't wait for the full story

What a total fuck up Universal Credit has turned into.No surprise though I guess with that cunt Iain Duncan Smith in charge.
I can remember the JCP giving me a sheet saying that everyone in the country would be on UC by October 2013.
How IDS has still got a job is beyond me.

Seems like this horrid thing is finally starting to cause problems in my lil world. No idea when it's supposed to be starting (or if it ever will given how intrinsically moronic and self-defeating it is) but got a letter from the landlords today about how it's gonna start affecting rent payments starting... erm... immediately. They just informed us (all tenants, not just me) that we're gonna be compelled to pay an unspecified "small amount" each week/month on top of our existing rent whether our existing rent is paid by the tenant or by HB. And will continue having to pay this unspecified "small amount" until we're a month in credit on the rent. This includes those of us in arrears, or, in my case, in arrears cos the fukkin HB arbitrarily decided to just not pay the rent for a while despite agreeing that it was their responsibility and their fault it wasn't paid - answers onna postcard :?

Due to the situation briefly outlined above, I'm several hundred pounds in arrears. My rent is now fully covered by HB again (and always was apparently - Jedi Mind Trick stylee) but I'm having to pay back the arrears from my ESA payments (it's taken directly before I get it paid into the bank currently). I'm gonna have to take it down to the CAB (well, local equivalent thereof) to confirm it all but it looks like I'll be expected to make some "unspecified small amount" payments direct to the landlord each week/month (think mine is monthly for all the difference that makes) on top of the existing specified small amounts I'm already paying with HB still paying full rent at the same time... until they don't cos it's switched to this bloody stupid new scheme so I can really screw it up.

What. A. Fukkin. Mess.

Anyone else starting to hear stuff about how they're gonna screw up their claim and/or lose the roof over their head yet? I hoped the whole silly thing had just gone away when everybody realised how bloody stupid it was. Apparently not. Talk about IBS :\

NOt yet but i have just sent back my ESA50 form .

It was a nasty form full of loaded questions . I did my best With the help of my psychotherapist n my Ma.

Problem is i have a feeling that it won't even get read & i will be sent 4 a medical . I made provisions for that though by saying that i wasn't willing to attend one but they are welcome to come & vist me .

They do like to make the forms as complicated and as hard to understand as possible don't they?

Some £307m has already been spent on the
current system, with a further £90m planned –
but much of it will be thrown away and replaced
by the “end-state” system by the time Universal
Credit goes fully live in 2017/18.
The DWP has admitted that £131m of IT work
has been already scrapped or will be written off
by the time the programme is rolled out
nationally.
Universal Credit still proving itself to be one expensive debacle.