• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unimaginable colors

Yes I have experienced it, no I don't at all believe that a drug enables our bodies to physically detect more than we normally can, I think that our brains just have certain ways to let us distinguish different sensory qualities and drugs can intensify or even extend these sensations.

With LSD I have more than once experienced a certain golden energy kind of light that was just beyond colors, like seeing matter completely indifferent of the wavelengths of light that they emit or absorb. It's similar to what I've heard 2C-E can do, i.e. mix senses into one synaesthetic supersense that uses indifferentiated experiential data. Synaesthesia has much to do with this kind of effect, I strongly believe.

there are other colors, but we cannot experience them.

Well.....this is kinda hard to explain through typing....but what is a color really? I mean, visible light is just radiation with a certain wavelength and frequency, and we've evolved an ability to use the sensors on the front of our face to sense and process this radiation-- and through a series of very complicated interpolation processes, our brain builds a "color" out of this radiation.

When you're on psychedelics, your brain is making connections that it isn't normally capable of making, and sometimes that allows those interpolation processes to run on overdrive, and you can see new dimensions and crispness to color that you could never seen before.

I'm sure in certain situations, your neural processing could be so overdriven that your mind could build color-constructs that it never has before.

My IV MDA experience was loaded full of colors I'm sure I've never seen before (and will probably never see again until I am dead).

once upon a time when i was eating mushrooms and mdma and i sniffed a line of k i saw the weirdest colour iv ever seen. i couldnt tell if it wa light or dark i was sitting in a dark room and yet i could see clearly... it was light and dark at the same time like a shiney bright dark room. i think thats a colour anyway. iv seen colours within colours aswell

ChinaMayne - are you color blind at all? If so, perhaps you are seeing the colors in your mind's eye that you can see with your physical eye.

If not, chalk it up to the magic mystery of DMT.

That doesn't make any sense, does it toomuchtv? If you are colorblind your eyes can't detect certain sorts of light, there is nothing your mind can do about it. Read this.

^psood0nyms example of colorblind color grapheme synesthetes that report alien colors (in this case the ones they are visually colorblind to) do seem to point in the direction that the mind is able to conjure up colors by itself. (given that they never experienced these colors visually in early childhood; such as in the case of congenital non-developing genetic anomaly)

i do believe that the greatest sensory organ we possess is our mind, mainly through the means of its imagination.

Last edited:
I've seen them - color that I've never seen before, in any sense of "seen".

That last paragraph there sounds remarkably similar to my recent IV 4-AcO-DMT experiences, Psood0nym. Remarkably similar. Being given a glimpse (or rather being thrust into/out of/through... kinda hard to explain when it's not a 3/4D place) into reality as perceived from dimensions not for the likes of us humans to generally get to see resonates especially. As I've been struggling to put the experience in words for a TR, don't be too surprised to see parts of that quoted in it whenever it materialises :D
<3
Fascinating. I still haven't tried IV 4-AcO-DMT, despite having been interested in its DMT-like visionary effects for a long time. The next time I do IV something that will be it. DMT seems to be implicated in some respect with all the reports I've read that indicate extra-spatial perception--whether it be DMT by itself, in combination with another drug as in my experience, or as an important part of a larger compound as in yours.

My experience was brief and highly disorienting; I felt that I was moving in the new direction(s) by "spinning," and I acted out the sensation by rolling against the wall on a friend's bed during the experience. The vision I had was of an extra-spatial labyrinth whose hallways are wandered by human shadows... I have no idea whether I was experiencing the perception of just one extra spatial dimension or many. The only certainty of the experience was that it was more than three.

My best guess is that, though whatever psychophysical system underlies our perception of 3 spatial dimensions has clearly been shaped by the 3 dimensional environment, it is not in principal limited to the production of just 3-dimensional perception. We live in a 3-dimensional world, and so the this hypothetical systems' optical inputs always correspond to 3-dimensional space. Likewise, though our dreams are not dependent directly on environmental information, the visual memory fragments they use as set pieces are presumably all borrowed and reassembled from 3-dimensional visual experiences in the physical environment. It's not that surprising on this assumption, then, that it's only under the influence of a powerful perception-altering drug like DMT--and even then, only rarely--that the system is jarred out of the circuit whose 3-dimension producing activation pattern has been reinforced all our lives.

Perhaps it's the case that novel color experience is similar, and only anomalous perceptual influences such as those of synesthesia and psychedelics (which of course often result in synesthetic experiences) are radical enough to push the underlying system beyond the conditioning of the environment.

The mechanism by which we are able to see only the wavelengths of light which we see is physical. The rods and cones in the eye have sensitivity to light of certain wavelengths, and nothing we do to the brain afterwards can let us detect something that isn't being detected by the eye. Worth noting that after early cataract surgery, which removed a lot more of the eye than it does now, some were able to see the near ultraviolet, which the eye could perceive (seen as blue, i belive, not some new color), but which is normally blocked by the lens of the eye.

None of that, however, has anything to do with whether a drug can make you imagine colors which do not correspond to colors that we can perceive. It is something i'd love to experience.

so now we could dive into the realm of these "unseeable" (by the human eye) colours in the land of CEVs where your physical eyes are not limiting your visual perception.

we could even take that one step further in the ability to extend ones imagination into the realm of visible reality (to one's self, not "real" reality). that is to say, i'm often able to imagine something in a CEV, open my eyes, and directly insert that imagined visual into my open eye reality (like an overlay on top of real reality). it could then be possible to overlay that impossible colour into the land of OEVs.

food for thought, i havent been able to do it, but i've thought about this very same topic in the past.

My experience was brief and highly disorienting; I felt that I was moving in the new direction(s) by "spinning," and I acted out the sensation by rolling against the wall on a friend's bed during the experience. The vision I had was of an extra-spatial labyrinth whose hallways are wandered by human shadows... I have no idea whether I was experiencing the perception of just one extra spatial dimension or many. The only certainty of the experience was that it was more than three.

Curiouser and curiouser... That paragraph is an almost exact retelling of my last full Salvia breakthrough - the one that made me realise that it really isn't safe to use in high doses without a sitter.

Was with 60x (really - not those made up web figures they pull out their arse) and I posted in the Salvia thread afterwards describing spinning uncontrollably through a labyrinth in a place not of this world. I was "stuck" to the wall of this labyrinth of course cos Salvia and walls have an odd affinity for each other. Stuck and spinning at unfathomable speeds hurtling around corners that didn't fit like a corner I would recognise. In the passageways between walls were shadowy figures I couldn't "see" or focus on them but glimpsed their... something and knew of their presence. They seemed completely uninterested or oblivious to my presence or were so used to it I wasn't worth a look.

As I began to return I actually was pressed against the wall spinning (at more earthly speeds) and by the time I was back enough to know where I was and what had happened I had just opened my front door. Confused, spinning, nekkid men bouncing around a set of flats at four in the morning would not have gone unnoticed so could have been a lot worse. Put me off high dose since though - anything can happen in that state.

Fascinating how twice now we seem to have has very similar experiences - and in some detail too - but on different drugs at the time. No idea what it means (if anything) but that's two big ol' coincidences. Intriguing :)

But did it make you see "new" colours - colours that you could never see without DOM? Or more just see colours more vividly than under any normal circumstance? Or something else entirely? Perhaps Octarine :D

Made me see shades of colours I never thought imaginable - blues & greens & purples that touch your emotional soul - sort of liking up your visual cortex (where you percieve colours) with the limbic system. A certain blue shade reduced me to tears on DOM, it was so rich & beautiful. I agree with Shulgins report in PIHKAL where he goes on about colour enhancement.

On top of that DOM is a 1st class psychedelic

Last edited:
Yes I do not believe DMT gave me a stronger sensory, but rather allowed my brain to imagine new colors. The brain is a extremely powerful tool and the imagination is amazing. Also I am not colorblind, and have normal vision besides a slight light/dark perception between my eyes and near-sightedness.

Salvia also has a similar effect of *sticking* to something. I relate to the experience you explained above, shambles. I perceived other beings in my saliva trip, who went through the same experience as i was going through and they didn't give any notice to me at all. It was like it has happened a million times.

DMT also makes me feel like im "spinning" and "resetting" into my spot but I begin to spin in extra-spatial dimensions. On the other side is where I experience the colors <3

I have never experienced this but I believe it to be possible. Considering that the colors we see are in many ways just arbitrary representations of the real physical properties of light. Mere secondary qualities. They correspond to something in the outside world but the way they are actually represented (as the actual color we perceive) is a creation of our mind and thus it isn't a stretch to believe that more than just the regular spectrum of colors could be perceived under the influence of a powerful psychedelic like DMT.

sorry to break it to you but you're probably just partially colorblind or shade blind of some sort, which is usually neurological, DMT rocketed your brain to hyperspeed and allowed you to access functions you are cut off from normally due to whatever you've gone through in your development as a human being.

sorry to break it to you but you're probably just partially colorblind or shade blind of some sort, which is usually neurological, DMT rocketed your brain to hyperspeed and allowed you to access functions you are cut off from normally due to whatever you've gone through in your development as a human being.

I don't think this is the case at all

It isn't the case, I have been tested multiple times for color blindness and have shown none at all. No one in my family has any form of color blindness either.

I have never experienced this but I believe it to be possible. Considering that the colors we see are in many ways just arbitrary representations of the real physical properties of light. Mere secondary qualities. They correspond to something in the outside world but the way they are actually represented (as the actual color we perceive) is a creation of our mind and thus it isn't a stretch to believe that more than just the regular spectrum of colors could be perceived under the influence of a powerful psychedelic like DMT.

Exactly!... And this applies not only to colours, but to everything. The whole construct of reality we see/perceive around us.

I've tended to notice that the guys I see who just drop a few hits of whatever simply to get "fucked up doood" are not tapped in to the far-reaching meanings/mechanisms rooted to it all, and have no interest in discourse about chakra points, sacred geometry, morpho-space and infinitely recursive multiversial holograms etc. Whereas, a few people I know personally are proper tapped into that, and just "get it", without even so much verbal communication.

It's right there, living and breathing around us, inside us. Space is teaming with activity, 'universes' or fractal levels of the limits of what we can see, being created and destroyed constantly in a divine mechanism of the universe having sex with itself, working itself out. That's us, as well, by the way.

Wow. I had a great new year heh!:)