• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Underage Ketamine Use

MasonP

Bluelighter
I’m currently 16 and have been researching ketamine quite a lot. I’ve read that ketamine has the possibility to repair broken brain synapses or help to negate the damaging effects of drugs previously taken. Though a lot of drugs may be relatively safe for an adults brain I still wonder if it would be safe to take ketamine while still developing? I’ve done some research but haven’t been able to find anything that shows solid evidence either way? Do any of you have experience with ketamine and being underage? If so please lmk.

It's pretty clear that most drugs are riskier to the still developing brain than to the finished article

Here's some vital reading for any would-be ketamine user https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/why-you-shouldnt-abuse-ketamine-nsfw-photos.895520/
Yeah I saw this post, usually i’d be scared but it’s obvious this guys case is very very rare. The amount of ketamine he was consuming was un godly. My main worry is brain damage, cognitive decline etc.

Well you probably won't find many clinical studies about its effects on minors/adolescents (for obvious reasons).
Such studies have been done on other animals and the overall results are not very encouraging. Here are 2 papers I found:

As far as I know ketamine has only been proven to be medically beneficial to people who have things like treatment-resistent depression and severe PSTD (there is a case for chronic pain as well).
If you really want to try ketamine I advise you to wait until your brain is fully developed (or at least more than it is right now), you'd probably be glad you waited.

Ketamine acts on glutamate, which is the main excitatory neurotransmitter, and by altering the glutamate system it will also affect the GABA system as well. It's probably best not to mess with glutamate and gaba when your brain is still developing as long lasting effects are a real possibility, and we don't exactly know what those effects would be.

I have been taking drugs during my adolescence, hard drugs, the effect is that I am using a bald character playing an acoustic guitar as an avatar. Do you want to follow my path?

It is a hard drug and without question will interfere in how your personality is going to be built up if you are taken it at high doses or frequently

Last edited:
My main worry is brain damage, cognitive decline etc.
Very possible.
My noggin isn't the same as it would be if I had never abused k and other drugs, neither is multiple friends of mine.
You need to find another hobby, i started off 'researching' it alot and especially when I heard about it repairing the brain. You have to understand this is in EXTREMELY low doses. Not recreational ones.

Good luck