• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ULDN (Ultra-Low-Dose-Naltrexone) - Can This Be Made From NARCAN (naloxone vial)

arthunter888

Bluelighter
Hello folks. I am currently dependent on daily heroin maintenance (I currently use 2 IV shots of 70mg per day, so 140mg per day of high purity H). I have been researching the benefits of ULDN (Ultra-Low-Dose-Naltrexone) both medically and anecdotally for the purpose of lowering opiod tolerance and dependence (research shows very positive results). I am interested in trying this as I really want to (eventually) wean myself off completely, or at least (ASAP) lower my dose down to a daily dose that isn't going to drain my wallet like my current situation is. I have read forum posts elsewhere where people report very high success in lowering their opiod tolerance with ULDN, with some people reporting they were able to cut their dose in half within 2 days :D .

Here is my issue/question:

I cannot afford to purchase a pre-made formula for ULDN online, so I visited my local needle exchange and received for free a few liquid vials of Narcan (naloxone solution), which is mainly used to revive users from opiate overdose. But I notice a difference in terminology regarding what I acquired. ULDN stands for Ultra-Low-Dose-NalTREXONE, but what I have is NalOXONE.

The naloxone I have is in vials that contain a solution of 0.4mg of naloxone in 1mL of liquid. So I have done the math know how to dilute this down by adding liquid so that I am able to administer a dose somewhere in the range of 2-4ug (MICROgram) of naloxone (which is the correct dose-range for ULDN). I plan on taking 2x doses of 2mcg naloxe: once in morning and once at night which is what research recommends. Also I read that the oral bioavailability is lower than nasal so I plan on administering these doses nasally.

The only problem is as I have mentioned I do not have nalTREXONE, I have NalOXONE.

1) So are these in fact 2 different chemicals, or is naltexone simply just a longer-lasting time-release (pill form) of naloxone? Or would ultra-low-dose-nalOXONE have the same tolerance-reducing benefits as ULD-naltrexone?

2) If the answer is yes that they are the same chemical but naltrexone is simply an extended-relesae version of naloxone, my next question would be can my naloxone still work after diluted to the ULDN dose-range, or does it actually have to be naltrexone to be successful at reducing tolerance/dependance?

Any info appreciated. Thx crew

Not really due to the shorter half life.... Maybe if you dose it every 45 min or so

Okay that's something to consider. But are they in fact different chemicals? Or is naltrexone simply a time-release version of naloxone? Can someone please clear this up?

They are in fact different chemicals, with different strengths and half lives etc. They are both antagonists, but not the same one

damn man your on HAT (heroin assisted treatment)?
I know people who've been trying to get on that for years and years - but that's in the UK, what country are you from?
would you mind if i sent you a private message?

also sorry i can't awnser your questions but i have seen those ULDN for sale on alphabay and such a feew years ago; always had me wondering