• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ugh, should I make this trade?

People who doubt the strength of morphine discount it because unless iv'ed, it dosent have close to the same euphoria as oxy or hydro. Take some morphine for a week and youll find out when you got back on the hydros you need more. If your gonna tell people shit, know what your talking about. If I didnt know anything about opiates and you told me that Id probably start popping morphines like crazy chasing that feeling I get from oxy, then OD.

They are equal on conversion charts but the BA of morphine orally is much lower than hydrocodone. Suggesting someone IV something when they can get nearly the same effect of eating the hydros they already have isn't exactly in line with good HR.

Lets not take things out of perspective here, if you read the whole thread I only reccomended plugging the morphine's not injected them. I don't ever condone injecting any drug ever for any reason, plain and simple. Unless you want to throw your life away, overdose or fuck you your veins up at the very least.......just plug em. You have to ask yourself, is injecting morphine in this situation really worth getting that extra 20 to 40 percent of the morphine? All the problems that come with IV drug use are not worth it ever. I have been on opiates for over 10 years from all kinds of problems ranging from a spinal tumor I was born with (hemangeioma), disc degeneration, and chronic migraines. I could eaisly justfiy using an IV to make my meds last longer.......but Ive been around my share of H and once they start down the IV road, they either almost die and quit.......or keep almost dying until they die. This comes from a guy that has a rediculous amount of oxycodone, valium, to name a few to inject if I chose too, and I live on a farm where theres 1000's of needles I see daily. That is the line I wont cross, and never will. Not to mention when you end up needing surgery or something you have to leave something, whether it be a stronger dose of medication or a better ROA, such as iv drip in the hospital to breakthru and alleviate your pain post op. Be careful guys. The road your on loses its appeal very fast, and I qutie frankly wish I didnt need the meds

Naw, keep your hydros.

Morphine isn't that good orally, so many bang them. Maybe if it was 20 years ago I'd have enjoyed oral morphine with an itch and pain relief, but my tolerance is so high now, I don't enjoy morphine on it's own, you have to throw oxy in the mix.

Don´t want to be annoying but I would be careful mixing methadone with morphine as it may be super hard to quit when you have to.
As most of us know, Methadone is a strong medication and it´s not supposed to be taken with other opiates. It´ll build up a high tolerance.

I know oral morphine is garbage compared to oral hydrocodone... But IMO Rectal Morphine is more euphoric than Hydrocodone.

Don´t want to be annoying but I would be careful mixing methadone with morphine as it may be super hard to quit when you have to.
As most of us know, Methadone is a strong medication and it´s not supposed to be taken with other opiates. It´ll build up a high tolerance.

I know what u mean man.

I've done this TONS of time. Opiates WORK with high dose methadone. BUT. works MUCH BETTER than when you're 0-40mg of 'done.

I have a RX fror Norco and Ativan. For post tonsillectomy surgery.

Idk if uve seen my other threads, the first month my doctored lowered my methadone to 40mg and RX'd me Opana 15s and Roxy 30s for a month.

Now, He gave my back my methadone and gave me Norco 10s.. :)

OT-

No one has a reasonable answer for this? I mean I know hydrocodone is VERY poular because its RC'd like candy. Morphine RARELY ever gets RX'd...very exotic and rare.

All that for having your tonsills out?! Over here at best you'd get some 30mg co-codamols! I see you're on methadone so must have a high ish tolerance, but I highly doubt you'd get anything ontop of methadone in the UK. Probably for the best really hah.
Also, why Ativan for a tonsillectomy?

Back to the point:
I've tried oral, insufflated, and rectal administration of Morphine years ago. Oral was terrible, even with 90mg I felt fuck all (started low at 20 thinking 'Its morphine and fairly potent, even with shitty oral BA, I dont want to over do it). But there was no chance of that hah. Insufflated at a lower dosage was better but fairly nauseating and sedating. Rectal was similar, but some how made me feel more sick?
Overall Morphine sucks if you're not an IV user, I assume that's why it's rarely prescribed, it's just not very effective for the average person who just takes meds orally.
DON'T TRADE GOOD DRUGS FOR MORPHINE. :)

Last edited:
All that for having your tonsills out?! Over here at best you'd get some 30mg co-codamols! I see you're on methadone so must have a high ish tolerance, but I highly doubt you'd get anything ontop of methadone in the UK. Probably for the best really hah.
Also, why Ativan for a tonsillectomy?

Back to the point:
I've tried oral, insufflated, and rectal administration of Morphine years ago. Oral was terrible, even with 90mg I felt fuck all (started low at 20 thinking 'Its morphine and fairly potent, even with shitty oral BA, I dont want to over do it). But there was no chance of that hah. Insufflated at a lower dosage was better but fairly nauseating and sedating. Rectal was similar, but some how made me feel more sick?
Overall Morphine sucks if you're not an IV user, I assume that's why it's rarely prescribed, it's just not very effective for the average person who just takes meds orally.
DON'T TRADE GOOD DRUGS FOR MORPHINE. :)

The Nurse told me the Dr. Also gave you Lorazepam because you're getting off strong Narcotics (Opana and Roxy, Norco itself with the methadone wouldn't be enough in my doctors opinion, he obviously knows benzo's decrease anxiety and increase the affects of opiates. SO FAR SO GOOD!

So have I, about the Morphine, besides plugging!

I tried plugging them yesterday and was quite surprised because it worked great! and felt great! I would say a better feeling then oral Norco. That's for SURE!

The biggest plus to me is, pure narcotics are more dependable and can take them all day, unlike Norco you're limited cuz of the APAP. Still love me some hydrocodone tho.