• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Combat UFC Thread 2022 v. Engard

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Anyone follow MMA? It's a sport I've been interested in but haven't followed much up to this point, I plan on doing so now, especially since I've got ESPN+ going on now.

How about the fight tonight? Bantamweight duel, Corey Sandhagen vs. TJ Dillashaw

This can just be a general UFC Thread to talk about upcoming fights and the sport in general.

After getting busted open pretty good in the opening rounds, Dillashaw came back to win in a split decision.

After losing the title and being suspended for two years, TJ Dillashaw is back and some believe his next fight should be for the Bantamweight title.

First Bantamweight bout of the evening: Yanez def Costa with a mean body shot + uppercut and a flurry of punches took Costa out of the fight.

Underdog Darren Elkins beats out Darrick Minner in a brutal comeback

Jason Witt def Bryan Barberena by majority decision in Welterwight bout

Melsik Bagdhasaryan def Collin Anglin via TKO in featherweight match; beautiful kick to the head to finish the fight

Last edited:
Jared Gooden def Niklas Stolze with a TKO; Gooden knocked his lights out with a haymaker in the first couple minutes of the match

Cheyenne Buys def Gloria De Paula TKO total domination; first round knockout in the first minute of the fight;

This was Buys second UFC match, her fighting record goes to 6-2

Sean Strickland def Uriah Hall unanimous decision after 5 rounds Middleweight contest; Hall hung in there and fought but ultimately was out performed; Strickland had a steady jab that wouldn't stop connecting.

I used to follow it! The last match I saw was probably Kabhib - McGregor, but I've been meaning to get back into it.

Great fucking summary and commentary here @deficiT - you got any favorite fighter?

I used to follow it! The last match I saw was probably Kabhib - McGregor, but I've been meaning to get back into it.

Great fucking summary and commentary here @deficiT - you got any favorite fighter?

I actually don't. It's only been in the past couple weeks that I've been watching the cards all the way through and paying attention all the way to the sport. I never used to watch it at all really. But since it's one of the few things i realized I get total access to on espn+ I've been watching it. I'm gonna continue watching it regularly likely so I should hopefully have one before too long.

I have to say, that Cheyenne Buys fight was spectacular and I'd be happy rooting for her, that's for sure.

Now that all the old school fan favorites like Anderson Silva, GSP, Chuck Liddell, etc have retired I don't know who's the cream of the crop..