• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News U.S. FDA puts plans to test LSD in anxiety patients in clinical study on hold

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

U.S. FDA puts plans to test LSD in anxiety patients in clinical study on hold​

Manas Mishri
Reuters
21 Dec 2021

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration put a clinical hold on Mind Medicine Inc's application to start testing the psychedelic drug commonly known as LSD in patients with generalized anxiety disorder.

The Canada-based drug developer said on Tuesday the FDA hold was related to its investigational new drug application, which is required to start a mid-stage trial of the drug -- lysergic acid diethylamide.

Read the full story here.

Shame, I hope lsd clinical trials can power through. We’re gonna need alternatives to psilocybin for folks who don’t respond to it (or can’t tolerate it)

Disappointing news. Not only do I want millions of struggling people to be able to heal through psychedelic-assisted therapy, but I am hoping to one day experience psychedelic therapy in a clinical setting myself (and also own some MindMed shares.) The FDA has dropped the ball quite a few times this year and mysteriously held up the advancements of a lot of in-development drugs with excellent results (such as Axsome’s AXS-05 Wellbutrin-DXM combo for depression.) Hoping that this is just a minor setback while they ask for more information or something along those lines.

The FDA has dropped the ball quite a few times this year and mysteriously held up the advancements of a lot of in-development drugs
Mysteriously held up or simply not paid enough $$ by the pharma company lol