• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Rubicon

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Will Travers is an analyst at a New York City-based federal intelligence agency who is thrown into a story where nothing is as it appears to be.

- from imdb

Pretty cool show on AMC, although it's off to a slow start but given the puerile shit put on by the major networks that's a good thing. the main character is the guy who played LECKIE on The Pacific. a great choice for what is starting out as a great show :)

edit: 5000th post! halfway to junkie status

I love this show. Right now, with Weeds, True Blood (I know the season just ended, here for comparison), The Big C, and Entourage all on Rubicon is the one I look forward to most in my week. Great show with great characters and acting.

Plus, that Tanya chick is hot.

fucking unbearably slow, and with a dreary color palate to boot. I lost interest after like 6 episodes of nothing.

how is it slow? keep in mind the main plot is about a globe-manipulating secret organization. that's not something you can just jump into from the ground floor. the current pace of the show is perfect for building the amount of suspense that is necessary for events to truly go apeshit. the deciphering of the main plot plays wonderfully against the episodic plots that give the supporting characters depth. you can tell that something's brewing under the surface, but clearly the writers are intelligent enough not to give too much away at once and risk sending the show into overdrive like another piece of shit that belongs on the major networks.

this is what good tv should be. no outrageous cliffhangers, no ridiculous inter/intrapersonal dramas in every episode, no melodrama or bullshit just straight intrigue and a damned good storyline. no offense but it seems rather juvenile to be put off because the action doesn't happen at time-bending rapidity and the colours are a bit drab.

and yes the girl with the round face is PHWOARRR!!