Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Futurama

Yeah, I was pretty nonplussed by the recent movies. They weren't quite late-period Simpsons, but they were sliding there. Of course, I always held out hope that the long format was partly responsible; maybe they would get their mojo back if they were working on normal episodes. Now I hear this, and I suddenly feel like preparing a funeral for the show. It had better be a negotiating ploy, because the show won't have a chance with a new cast.

The problem with mojo is that you can't force it.

Futurama had the mojo from season 1 until season 4. I don't know whether they'll get it back, but I'm just glad they had it.

Well it kind of seemed like Matt Groening kind of lost his mojo all-together. Like silverwheel said, you could see it in Simpsons too, but that seems to be getting back on track with some of the newer episodes. Hopefully Futurama will follow. And hopefully they will be able to agree on contract terms. With the way things have been going, I dont know if the show could survive with a whole new cast.

love futurama. not a fan of the recent stuff

but the amazon women episode is one of the funniest things i've ever watched.

Farnsworth:This is my Universal Translator. It could have been my greatest invention, but it translates everything into an incomprehensible dead language.
Farnsworth clone: Hello.
Translator: Bonjour!
Farnsworth: See? Lousy gibberish.

Can't wait for the show to come back on the air ...

Here's hoping that the writing is up to par with the old episodes, and not the more recent movies. I'm skeptical that the show can regain the same mojo it once had, but as the Onion A.V. Club would say, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don't know if I'd go that far... the jokes were neither subliminal, nor hidden. They practically smacked you in the face with every one.

I guess that's why it underwhelmed me. It tried too hard to be witty, and came off hamhanded.

Compare it to the sublime cultural references in Family Guy, for instance. I laugh more in five minutes of any family guy episode than in a whole half-our of Futurama.

Although I'll take any episode of Futurama over anything in the last three seasons of the Simpsons...

family guy is nothing in comparrison to futurama

you laugh more to family guy because you cant see the hidden jokes in futurama. in family guy all the jokes are spelled out for you which can bore you after a while:\

I'm looking forward to the new episodes, even if they aren't completely up to par with the old ones.

Gone way down hill, prefered the earlier series to stuff like The Simpsons tho

i admit the original series took a while for me to get into, but the replayability just increases its quality. i expect the same from the recent extended episodes and the new ones.

I like the Anthology of Interest episodes, especially the one in which Leels asks the What If machine What if she was more impulsive and she ends up killing all the crew.
Kicks the Professor down into a pit of man-eating anteaters

Professor: "Oh you've killed me, you've killed me!"

Leela: "Oh no! What have I done?"

Professor: "I Just told you, you killed me!"

i love the what if machine, even though it isn't worth the gold it's made of =D

the finglonger would've been great IF it were invented

a man can dream, though.

..... a man can dream

Katie Sagal probably won't be back, and she is a very distinctive voice on the show. I imagine she'll be doing Sons of Anarchy for several more seasons, given its popularity.

she's signed for the new series isn't she? or do you mean for the series after this?