• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying to get off the kratom merry go round.... Suggestions?

Do not try phenibut, as mentioned earlier, its a nasty drug for this kind of situation. IF you are going to use it, keep it to only once a week. Gabapentin is a prescription drug, but its very easy to get since its a schedule 4 i believe. The nigella sativa seed oil is available online, somewhere like amazon may have it.

Why is Phenibut bad? Also, isn't Phenibut only available on prescription / very hard to find?

It's pretty easily available on the internet, although I guess in some parts of the world it might be harder to get. If someone has a history of alcohol or benzo issues that is a warning sign to avoid this particular drug. Drugs like baclofen, though similar, are preferable, especially given how you get this stuff. Generally it comes en mass in some big container, and you have to measure it and self does yourself. Taking too much, or becoming dependent is a real concern that isn't nearly as big as with gabapentin, and a non-issue with stuff like ropinerole and clonidine.

Granted, it very well may be helpful, but it will be of limited use, and it's pleasurable side effects will make misuse a real concern. Thus it is not the ideal agent for this kind of thing.

It's pretty easily available on the internet, although I guess in some parts of the world it might be harder to get. If someone has a history of alcohol or benzo issues that is a warning sign to avoid this particular drug. Drugs like baclofen, though similar, are preferable, especially given how you get this stuff. Generally it comes en mass in some big container, and you have to measure it and self does yourself. Taking too much, or becoming dependent is a real concern that isn't nearly as big as with gabapentin, and a non-issue with stuff like ropinerole and clonidine.

Granted, it very well may be helpful, but it will be of limited use, and it's pleasurable side effects will make misuse a real concern. Thus it is not the ideal agent for this kind of thing.

I've noticed it's out of stock in a lot of Canadian online vendors... weird.

Phenibut takes five hours to kick in, and the difference between a dose that will help you and dose that KOs you for 12 hrs and causes a massive hangover is slim. I used it when tapering heroin. The first time I got it, the writing on it was very small and one of the symptoms I got from insane benzo use was I had trouble focusing on smaller things without reading glasses. I got tsp and Tbs mixed up to zaney and painful results.

The best thing to combat kratom withdrawal comes from within. First try meditating on the idea that you will be uncomfortable. Then meditate on the idea that it gets better. If you have a willingness to deal/withstand discomfort...your comfort meds will work better. Having the mindset that it will get better will stop the midway through withdrawals blues that comes from constantly watching the clock and having the minute hand only slightly moved round the hour. Positive and accepting mindstate coupled with willingness. It is paramount to getting sober.

Phenibut takes five hours to kick in, and the difference between a dose that will help you and dose that KOs you for 12 hrs and causes a massive hangover is slim. I used it when tapering heroin. The first time I got it, the writing on it was very small and one of the symptoms I got from insane benzo use was I had trouble focusing on smaller things without reading glasses. I got tsp and Tbs mixed up to zaney and painful results.

The best thing to combat kratom withdrawal comes from within. First try meditating on the idea that you will be uncomfortable. Then meditate on the idea that it gets better. If you have a willingness to deal/withstand discomfort...your comfort meds will work better. Having the mindset that it will get better will stop the midway through withdrawals blues that comes from constantly watching the clock and having the minute hand only slightly moved round the hour. Positive and accepting mindstate coupled with willingness. It is paramount to getting sober.

Very good point :) I didn't do what I promised myself, which was a day off today. I ended up doing kratom instead of drinking ... actually, to be honest I am drinking a LOT less now that I do krat. I just don't find I enjoy it as much.

Toothpastedog said it perfectly, phenibut can be very addictive, especially for someone who has had an addiction to alcohol or benzos, and with the fact that its a very difficult drug to handle if you dont have the right scale, its just a bad option for you in my opinion. I would still HIGHLY advise getting the nigella sativa seed oil and tapering slowly. Drinking during this process of tapering is probably not the best idea, but ill leave that choice up to you, obviously. The other thing that is very important during the tapering process, is to keep yourself busy so that youre not bored. Boredom is my own personal enemy when it comes to NOT taking drugs. Let us know how your progress goes though, id be very interested to hear from you about this, and i hope all goes well for you.

Toothpastedog said it perfectly, phenibut can be very addictive, especially for someone who has had an addiction to alcohol or benzos, and with the fact that its a very difficult drug to handle if you dont have the right scale, its just a bad option for you in my opinion. I would still HIGHLY advise getting the nigella sativa seed oil and tapering slowly. Drinking during this process of tapering is probably not the best idea, but ill leave that choice up to you, obviously. The other thing that is very important during the tapering process, is to keep yourself busy so that youre not bored. Boredom is my own personal enemy when it comes to NOT taking drugs. Let us know how your progress goes though, id be very interested to hear from you about this, and i hope all goes well for you.

Boredom is my problem, too. I just have no reason NOT to do it in the evening when all is said and done.

Exactly, thats the mindset i havent been able to break yet. Its a bitch, but you do have the ability to change it

Its a bad mindset. Do you have any interests that don't require drinking or drugging to do at night?

Fill your time. It makes things easier.

Its a bad mindset. Do you have any interests that don't require drinking or drugging to do at night?

Fill your time. It makes things easier.

I can still do the things I normally do without it. There are some positive effects on creativity that I've gotten from kratom, but I don't want to be promoting it, either. When I'm writing, I can do just enough to loosen my thoughts a little, and it helps me to get over blocks sometimes. I go over my work sober, of course, but often I am surprised with what I came up with the night before.

I'm not one of those 'drugs make you creative' people but I think altering our minds can sometimes be an interesting experiment in creativity.